Asian Green Beans are a great hot side dish balanced with the sweet taste of honey, the salty of Soy, and the deep nutty flavor of Sesame oil. Perfect to serve along side Asian meals, you will love this take on Asian green beans!
Asian Green Beans with Sesame Oil
Recipe serves 4 and makes 2 cups of flavorful green beans
Sesame oil is a really strong flavorful oil, so you do not need to go overboard here.
These seasoned green beans, with sesame oil, garlic and soy, are incredibly flavorful and fantastic to serve along side Asian chicken and can often be found in a Chinese buffet. If you are looking for a simple skillet Asian green beans side dish, this is it!
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- (optional) Spice up with a dash of Sriracha
Note: If you do not like sesame oil, you can substitute for vegetable oil for a less robust, but still delicious, option.
While this recipe is specific to green beans, you could easily replace green beans with other veggies that taste great skillet sauteed, like Broccoli, Mushrooms, or Asparagus.
Asian Green Beans Recipe
In a cast iron skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp toasted sesame oil on medium heat.
Now add thawed green beans and stir until coated and warmed, approx 5 minutes.
Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add soy sauce and honey to the skillet, turning green beans and coating with sweet honey soy sauce.
Serve your Asian green beans hot along side dinner like
Green Bean Recipes
A few more green bean recipe ideas:
- Green Bean Almondine – Green Beans Almondine, a fresh green bean side dish with delicious almond slivers, gourmet cheeses, and garlic, is the perfect complimentary side dish for just about all your chicken meals
- Classic Green Bean Casserole – Green Bean Casserole is a classic side dish that appears on the table of everyone in the entire country each holiday season.
- Southern Style Green Beans – Southern Style Green Beans with fresh green beans and crispy bacon is a flawless side dish for any meal. Do not wait for the holidays to enjoy this mouth watering, tender and perfect vegetable side dish.
- Green Bean Salad with Feta – Green bean salad with feta and cherry tomatoes is a Greek inspired cold salad with tender crisp green beans that makes an insanely good side dish with every bite.
- Keto Cream Cheese Green Beans – Keto green beans with cream cheese and garlic is a simple, under 10 minute green been side dish that is low carb and keto friendly. This truly is an easy side dish to whip up but full of flavor in each bite.
This recipe is really versatile for substitution or addition of flavors. Feel free to add a dash of ginger (remember its strong), a bit of hot sauce like Sriracha, or change out the honey for brown sugar. Don't like Sesame oil? Sesame oil is a strong flavor and if you do not like it, simply tone down your green beans by substituting for vegetable oil for the saute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 53 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
This recipe is really versatile for substitution or addition of flavors. Feel free to add a dash of ginger (remember its strong), a bit of hot sauce like Sriracha, or change out the honey for brown sugar.
Don't like Sesame oil? Sesame oil is a strong flavor and if you do not like it, simply tone down your green beans by substituting for vegetable oil for the saute.