As your cooking journey as an adult evolves, kitchen gadgets and appliances become a normal part of your cooking routine and space. 👩🍳 Some items come and go. But some mark their time to stay for good reason for being necessities.
After all, quality meals can’t be made without the right tools and equipment.
Whether you’re moving into a new dwelling or upgrading your kitchen appliances, these top 5 best kitchen items are must-haves for any adult cook. What’s even better about this list of top kitchen items is they are all versatile in their functionalities. That means you get more bang for your buck when it comes to the value of your hard-earned dollar.
5 Essential Kitchen Gadgets You Must Have
>Let’s cut to the chopping block starting with our first must-have kitchen item! Note that there may be affiliates located in this article as we write out our recommendations and where to find them!
1) Slow Cooker
Have you heard? Slow cookers are hot right now! And have been since 1972, proving it’s a tool that won’t be cooling down anytime soon.
Slow cookers come in handy for busy households. It’s simple as throwing in all your ingredients beforehand in the morning. Then coming home to a hot savory dinner when you get home after a long day’s work.It’s perfect for any adult cook to host parties or gatherings where you don’t have to worry about monitoring the food over time. 🥳 All you have to do is adjust the temperature to your desired needs.
Now that’s a recipe for happy guests!
Don’t worry about making mistakes when you’re cooking with one. Your slow cooker has you covered as your reliable kitchen sidekick.
Why a slow cooker is a must-have item in the kitchen:
- It’s easy to use with few functions
- The versatility of recipes you can make are endless
- Give your food a richer flavor to absorb other ingredients
- Focus on other tasks around the kitchen
- They are energy efficient compared to large ovens
Slow cookers don’t just have to be for soups and stews.
In fact, you can operate a slow cooker to make the following flavorsome recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Thighs: A super easy and hassle-free juicy meal where you throw in all your favorite ingredients to cook the whole day.<
- Hearty Quinoa Chili with Black Beans: Cook the beef, onions, and garlic together. Then transfer the beef and the rest of the ingredients into your slow cooker. Leave on high for 4 hours or low for 6.
- Honey-Dijon Brussels Sprouts: There’s nothing more mouth-watering than a pot of slow-cooked and salted brussels sprouts slathered in butter.
Who knew the endless cooking options a slow cooker could provide?
To learn more slow cooker recipes, check out our recipes here!
Super Popular Slow Cookers To Buy
Ready to add to your slow cooker collection? I keep 3 slow cookers on hand to make sure that holidays are a breeze.
Here is my very favorite slow cooker in my house – click for the best Amazon price currently:
- Easy to travel with lid latch strap: simply stretch the strap from underneath one handle of the slow cooker to the other or cross at the middle for Extra security.
- Mix and match settings: This programmable slow cooker allows you to customize your cooking preferences for each meal by choosing any combination of time and temperature.
- The perfect size: comfortably fit a 7lb. Chicken or 5 lb. Roast in this 7 quart slow cooker. When you’re done, stoneware crock and lid are dishwasher-safe. Simply wipe clean The touch pad.
- No watching needed: The Hamilton Beach programmable slow cooker will automatically switch to the keep warm setting when cooking time is complete.
2) Ninja Foodi All In One
What if you could have an air fryer and still be capable of having the same features of your pressure cooker, if not more? It’s no wonder Ninja’s slogan is “The Pressure Cooker that Crisps.” But there’s more to it than those two capabilities!
What does the ‘Ninja Foodi All In One’ do?
- Air fry/air crisp
- Pressure cook
- Slow cook
Besides, who wants one more kitchen item to clean?
In every adult’s cooking journey, efficiency is key to a successful meal.
What Makes The ‘Ninja Foodie All In One’ Better Than Any Other Cooker?
Ninja’s unique selling point is their TenderCrisp™ Technology. The ability to do air frying and pressure cooking are what puts them ahead of the pack. Now imagine a golden brown and crispy chicken that punches a kick full of juicy flavor.
Can your slow cooker do that?
Because the ‘Ninja Foodi All In One’ takes place of more than one appliance, there’s no question around why any adult cook shouldn’t own one. Think about the extra kitchen space (and money) you have without having to buy other appliances!
Ninja Foodi Recipes that are SO Easy
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes – No fuss basic baked potato recipe for crispy skins and soft melted potato centers!
- Ninja Foodi Stuffed Jalapenos – Super moist chicken stuffed with jalapenos and cheese and wrapped with crispy bacon, a worthy dinner!
- Ninja Foodi Turkey Breast – Perfect for holidays, the Ninja Foodi makes it easy to make turkey or ham and keep the oven clear.
- Ninja Foodi Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – Snack or side dish, everyone loves asparagus when its wrapped in delicious, crispy bacon.
NINJA FOODI LINE OF PRODUCTS
Personally I love having a Ninja Foodi because its a whole line of kitchen products in one! You can also check other the other Ninja Foodi items to meet your kitchen needs – I have slowly been collecting them all myself!
Ninja Foodi Blender – Meet the Ninja Foodi blender with heat-iq. Combines high-speed crushing with a precision-heat cooking blender to go beyond smoothies and frozen drinks to unlock natural flavors with heat. With the push of a button, heat fruit, melt chocolate, and toast spices to create perfectly customized craft drinks.
Ninja Foodi 6.5 Quart 9 in 1 Cooker – The Ninja Foodi—The pressure cooker that crisps. Pressure cooker, air fryer, tender crisper
Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill – The Smart XL grill that sears, sizzles, and crisps. Indoor countertop Grill and Air Fryer
Ninja Foodi Toaster Oven – The ultimate meal making machine with 8 in 1 functionality: Air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, bagel, toast, dehydrate, and keep warm all in one powerful 1800 watt appliance.
3) Food Processor
Plant-based foodies, listen up! This one’s for you in helping your plant-based lifestyle easy-peasy.
Having a food processor makes the top 5 of this list for numerous reasons other appliances or tools can’t cut it to. Simply, this little beast comes jam-packed with multi-faceted functions of many other kitchen tools.
Whether you’re grating cheese, chopping vegetables, or making a lush garlic dip, your food processor is the secret weapon your kitchen never had.
Top Reasons Why a Food Processor Is a Must-Have Kitchen Item:
- Healthy cooking becomes quick, effortless, and accessible.
- They are easy to take apart and clean.
- Anyone regardless of cooking skill level can pick one up and use.
- Save time by prepping food faster.
- Dips galore! Homemade dips have never been easier to make with a food processor.
Food Processor Recipes That Are a Breeze:
- A super simple Pesto Sauce with crisp basil under 10 minutes.
- Your signature Homemade Stuffing for Thanksgiving to impress your family.
- A sensational Avocado Tzatziki Dip to keep your guests drooling for more.
- Something the kids enjoy: fresh Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce.
Best Food Processors to Purchase
Here are two of our favorite food processors, click for the best Amazon price currently.
- Prep the freshest ingredients: A powerful 450 watt motor and 2 speeds plus pulse control save you time and money
- Simple to assemble and use: Stack and snap design requires no difficult twisting or locking; A simple function guide is printed on the food processor for ease of use
- 12 cup capacity: Sealed bowl helps prevent leaks when mixing liquids;
- Professional Versatility & Performance: Dedicated blades and discs deliver restaurant-worthy results. Precisely chop, consistently slice, and evenly mix all in one appliance
- 4 Auto-iQ Intelligent Preset Programs: Make food prep easier with our dedicated preset programs. Chop veggies, shred cheese, and make smooth sauces and quick pizza dough or cookie dough from scratch—all at the touch of a button
4) Coffee Maker
The world runs on coffee. Truth is, every coffee lover desires to open their eyes to the aromatic scent of coffee beans filling up the house and sip the sweet first taste of a hot cup or even a cold whipped coffee if that is your desire.
There’s no better way to get your morning started with a fresh cup to hit the ground running. ☕
To help with your morning routine, an investment in a coffee maker is a must have kitchen item. I mean, what else are you going to drop your hot chocolate cocoa bombs into??
Which Coffee Machine Do I Buy?
Not all coffee makers are created the same, as each machine serves its unique purpose. Coffee makers come in many forms of shapes, prices, sizes, and styles.
Consider these factors when choosing your next coffee maker:
Depending on your coffee preference, there are many types of coffee makers suitable for every coffee drinker’s needs.
Some types of coffee makers include:
- Grind/brew machines
- Drip machines
- Espresso machines
- Single-serve coffee containers
If you like your coffee more concentrated, an espresso machine works perfectly. If you’re always on the go being the busy-bee you are then a coffee drip maker makes sense for your lifestyle.
Different coffee makers have various capacities depending on their size. If you’re a heavy coffee drinker, consider getting a bigger machine.
Every coffee drinker’s budgets vary. Thankfully you have a wide range of options. Keep in mind the different functions and capabilities each coffee maker offers vary based on price.
Speed and temperature
For some, the speed and temperature of their coffee maker can be a deal breaker. Most coffee makers take a couple of minutes to make a perfect cup. While some can take longer. The average brewing temperature for a hot pot of coffee ranges from 196F to 205F.
With the advancement of technology, some coffee makers now offer capabilities like voice recognition to make coffee without getting out of bed. Some machines have automatic start and shut-off features. It’s up to your preference if extra features matter to you.
At the end of the day, what matters most is an enjoyable cup of coffee.
5) Coated Cast Iron Pan
With a variety of cooking pan options in the market, comes with pros and cons. But the reasons to cook with a cast iron pan outweigh the benefits of any other pan. What’s nice about these types of pans is how safe, durable, and easy it is to use in your everyday cooking.
Top Benefits of Using a Cast Iron Pan:
1) They are safer than any other pan
Say goodbye to unwanted and nasty toxic compounds! That majority of pans the average cook uses in their kitchen is generally unsafe. Non-stick pans are a common household item in the kitchen and are typically coated with Teflon. These types of pans easily become scratched, leaching harmful chemicals into your food that your body digests. Cast iron pans can withstand high heat, making them a safer chemical-free alternative.
2) Surge your iron intake
Since you don’t have to worry about toxic chemicals leaching into your food, cast iron pans are a natural source of iron intake. 💪 Iron plays an integral part of the human body that assists with brain function, energy levels, to aid your immune system. It’s no wonder why some doctors recommend cast iron cookware to patients with low iron levels.
3) They are affordable
When you compare other alternative cookware options, cast iron pans provide the best value for what you pay for. Depending on the brand you buy, they typically are inexpensive. Whereas you would spend over $100 for a high-quality stainless steel pan that doesn’t provide the numerous benefits a cast iron pan does.
Versatility. Affordability. Diversity. What more value could you ask for in a well-rounded cooking pan?
Delicious Meals You Can Cook Using a Cast Iron Pan:
- Nothing beats an All-American classic southern dish with luscious Southern Skillet Cornbread.
- Did someone say cheese? Another essential southern homemade dish everyone loves: Oven Baked No Boil Mac and Cheese.
- The easiest yet fulfilling Pizza Casserole recipe that only takes 30 minutes to make.
To check out more recipes using your cast iron pan, check them out here.
Coated Cast Iron Pans to Purchase
As far as brands, we recommend the LODGE brand and its what we use in our kitchen. You can typically find them in stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target, and Walmart if you want to see them in person.
To check amazons best price, click below:
- A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn’t quit, the Lodge Dutch Oven is an enameled cast iron classic that’s great for preparing and serving memorable meals.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON? It is actually glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food
In closing, these 5 Essential cooking gadgets are great for more at home cooking we are seeing in 2020 – but fully expected to be using way beyond.
Have a favorite kitchen item? We want to hear about it! Leave us a comment and let us know your must have kitchen choices!