Oven Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese wrapped in bread crusts and creamy cheese is a unique asparagus appetizer for a crowd.
Asparagus isn’t one of those veggies that people usually think of when considering appetizers.
It’s often a side dish, which its great for that, but typically asparagus requires a fork.
Well, put your fork down because these asparagus roll ups are a grab and go solution to pile high for your next party! Even the most picky asparagus eater will love the magical flavors with asparagus spears, seasoned cream cheese and grated fresh Parmesan.
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
If you have had issues with getting your kids to try this unique vegetable, give these oven roasted asparagus made crunchy with bread and parm cheese a shot. Asparagus not your jam? Try roasted Brussel sprouts instead (SO GOOD!).
My kids like me to drown new recipes in cheese and bread, so this one is a good “tester” if yours as the same way. In any case the adults love them so you cannot go wrong.
- 24 fresh asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 container, 7.5 oz, herb flavored cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices white bread*
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
**You can also create this recipe with crescent rolls but make sure you flatten them out and adjust cooking time as needed.
Asparagus Appetizer Recipe
Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add asparagus spears to a shallow skillet and cover with water.
Heat on medium heat for about 5 minutes so they are good and steamed. Drain your asparagus and set aside.
Trim the crusts from the slices of bread and discard.
Use a rolling pin to flatten bread or crescent rolls.
In a small mixing bowl, mix herb cream cheese and bacon together.
Spread cream cheese mixture onto a slice of bread and place 2 already cooked asparagus spears in the center of the bread.
Fold the bread in the center and place them seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
Repeat folding your appetizer until all bread slices are used.
Spread melted butter on each bread slice and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake spears for for 10-12 minutes or until bread or rolls just begin to brown.
Asparagus Side Dishes
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – You haven’t lived till you have wrapped your veggies in bacon
- Asparagus Pizza – Do not underestimate a homemade pizza. RIVALS eating out
- Asparagus Quiche Breakfast, lunch or dinner, grandma gives her seal of approval on this recipe
- Roasted Asparagus Learn how to roast asparagus the regular way for an easy weeknight side dish
Can you substitute any ingredients in this asparagus recipe?
You can easily substitute ham or prosciutto versus bacon in your appetizer. You can also vary the type of cream cheese (or use goat cheese) and there are plenty of fall flavors out every year.
Side Dish Recipes
- Cheesy Potato Casserole – perfect starchy filled and cheesy casserole for all side dish needs
- Easy Dinner Rolls Never made a homemade roll? No problem with this easy recipe.
- Pea Salad Family favorite, pea salad is so creamy you will want seconds
- Stuffed Mushrooms Another grab and go appetizer, these are so complimentary to this dish
- Classic Green Bean Casserole Cant go wrong casserole! This classic recipe is everyone’s favorite.