Flavorful and delicious homemade cinnamon custard smothered in toast and topped with fresh fruit is a great kid-friendly way to start the day off right.
You won’t believe how delicious, quick and easy this Custard Toast Recipe is!
Why you will love making Yogurt Custard Toast!
Totally simple and common household ingredients but bursting at the seams with flavor, this toast trend is on point.
With crunchy edges but a soft silky center, custard toast is decadently creamy and keeps you full until the next meal.
Is this Viral Tiktok Recipe Worth Making?
While experts agree that breakfast is an essential meal, in today’s world (especially in America), it’s easy to skip. We found that Custard Toast made us want to stop, eat and ENJOY.
So with that in mind, we say this TikTok Trend is worth the make! In just about 15 minutes of baking, your entire family can enjoy a customized and delicious golden yogurt toast with a sweet fruit-filled center of custard.
Yogurt Custard Toast Ingredients:
- Thick Sliced Brioche or Fluffy Bread like Challah
- Plain Greek or Vanilla Greek yogurt
- In completing the custard recipe, you will need – honey, egg, and ground cinnamon.
- Toppings include fresh fruit, powdered sugar, and extra honey.
How to make Custard Toast
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eight slices of Brioche bread onto the baking sheet.
- Using your fingers, gently press the center of each slice of bread to create a divot or dent in the center of the bread. I do not like to get too close to the side of the bread. Be careful not to put a hole in the bread. Set baking sheet aside.
- Whisk together plain Greek yogurt, honey, one egg, and ground cinnamon spice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spoon custard mixture into each divot in the bread, with about two tablespoons of custard filling in each of the bread slices.
- Top with any combination or mixture of sliced fresh fruits or fresh berries. It’s fun to get creative here and make beautiful designs.
- Bake Custard Toast for 12-14 minutes or until the center is mostly set and the bread is golden brown and toasted on the edges.
- Let the recipe stand for 5 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar. As a side note, this recipe goes well with a little extra honey, nut butters, agave syrup, or maple syrup on top to add some additional sweetness.
As suggested, powdered sugar, maple syrup, and honey are all excellent choices for a variation in toppings. However, this simple recipe is forgiving with it comes to customizing breakfast! Try adding nuts like sliced almonds, crushed walnuts, or pecan pieces. Sugary raisins are also a great choice.
For extra protein, melt and drizzle peanut butter or go crazy and add some Nutella!
Expert Custard Toast Tips
- I am all about minimizing the number of dishes in the kitchen, but the back of a spoon also can help make the perfect divot in the bread. As a side note, be careful not to accidentally puncture bread and let the custard leak out the bottom.
- Sweet and easy, this viral food craze reminds us of a deconstructed southern bread pudding recipe, and we are here for it.
- Homemade custard has to be flavored, or it tastes like an egg. If you prefer to skip the cinnamon, try pumpkin pie spice, allspice or nutmeg. And while a bit of vanilla is a great fit, don’t overdo it, or your custard will become liquidy and not set.
Related TikTok Breakfast Recipes
- The simplest 1-pan tiktok breakfast sandwich recipe ever.
- 15-minute homemade American biscuits recipe that is incredible to smother with white biscuit gravy.
- If you have never had Pesto on Eggs – you need to try it now.
- Our most popular breakfast recipe ever.
- Canned biscuits make perfect donuts.
- Only two ingredients to make Greek Yogurt Bagels.
- Itty bitty mini pancakes.
Connect with Us!