These itty bitty cookie bites are teeny tiny and tons of fun. Easy to make, this inspirational recipe will show you the best way to dial down your favorite cookie recipe into a munchable bowl of mini cookies.
I originally saw this idea on my TikTok page by a random person board in quarantine and though…ok, now that is fun!
Using just about any pre-packaged cookie dough, you can easily cut down into tiny little bites of dough, bake, and then enjoy baby bites.
The only danger is eating all 72 yourself (trust me). Pre-packaged cookies with chocolate chips already have the perfect consistency, are easy to cut, and come in a ton of flavors from sugar cookie to candy bar flavors, so choose your favorite!
Once you make mini soft chocolate chip cookies in bite sized pieces, you will never want to stop. Easy to enjoy as a little dessert, these mini cookies are SO adorable worthy and super fun to make.
The best part of bite sized cookies is that they are universal – make mini cookies with premade cookie dough or with your favorite chocolate chip recipe. Either way, mini cookies will soon be your favorite way to down some sugar!
Call them fun sized, bite sized or mini, delicious sweet cookie dough and get ready for a serious treat.
- 1 pre-package, 16 oz. premade chocolate chip cookies (break and bake)
If you love this viral tiktok hack, be sure to check out all viral tiktok food recipes here.
Most Popular Kinds of Cookie Dough
There is no shortage of chocolate chip lovers, but there really are a ton of different and popular cookie doughs to choose from for mini cookies.
- Sugar Cookie – Sugar cookie has the best soft dough and quick chew for a cookie. But the best thing about sugar cookie dough is that its a great base to add things like nuts, sprinkles or chocolate too to customize your cookie.
- Snickerdoodle – Snickerdoodle cookies are a soft cookie that also include its signature taste of cinnamon.
- Peanut Butter
- M&M or candy filled
- Funfetti – Funfetti cookies typically are a sugar cookie dough filled with sprinkles.
- Oatmeal Cookie – Oatmeal cookies can be made with or without raisins
What kinds of Cookie Dough to Use for Mini Cookies?
The great thing about working with pre-made ingredients is that there really are so many flavors. In the dairy aisle where you get prepackaged cookies, I like chocolate chip cookies, but there are tons of varieties, so pick your favorite.
I used Mrs. Field’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate. The package said 12 big cookies, which dictated how I cut the cookies.
Yes! Mini cookies can be made using a homemade cookie recipe. You can use your very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to recreate this idea and just make teeny tiny cookie bites in the oven.
The one catch about homemade cookie dough is that you may need to chill the dough (recommended) prior to making mini cookies or they will be much harder than pre-made dough to form into a ball.
Making cookies from scratch really is a lot of fun but if you are just into bite sized cookies to snack on, I always take the easy route on dough from the store.
Can I make Cookies Tinier?
YES! You can make mini cookies as tiny as you want! Just cut them down every smaller. I show two sizes in the video, a small size based on this article and we went back and made them even tinier with M&M cookies.
The cook time was about the same but its always good to watch and take them out right before you think they are done because they cook a bit still on the tray after taking out.
How to make Mini Cookies
Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Break off one cookie and cut it into 6ths.
Roll into a small ball and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
Repeat until the sheet is full, keeping cookies about 2″ apart.
Bake for 8 minutes (or check your package for suggested baking times and adjust as needed).
When cooking is complete, remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet for one minute before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Makes 72 mini cookies that you will eat in one sitting.
Mini Bite Sized Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 package - 16 oz, premade chocolate chip cookies (break and bake)
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break off one pre-made cookie and cut dough into 6ths.
- Roll cookie dough into a small ball and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until the sheet is full of balls of dough, keeping cookies about 2" apart.
- Bake mini cookies for 8 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet for one minute before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.