Light and Fresh Cucumber Salad with dill and sour cream, is a delicious low carb and keto friendly spring salad. Enjoy this refreshing and creamy salad in under 10 minutes with very little effort and ingredients you likely already have in your fridge.
Creamy Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream
Full measurements with an easy to follow printable recipe card are at the bottom of the post, helping you print for shopping and to cook in the kitchen.
- English cucumbers
- sour cream
- fresh dill
- white vinegar
- minced garlic
RELATED RECIPES: Cucumber Dip Recipe (not made from cucumbers, this is to dip extra cucumbers in), Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe, Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe with Cucumbers, Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe, Cold Macaroni Salad with Cucumbers
Simple Cucumber Salad Substitutions
This cucumber salad is a great way to clear those extra cucumbers in your fridge.
In case you are missing ingredients or even have extra ingredients laying around, here are some substitutions or variations of this salad.
- Easy to change sour cream to unflavored Greek yogurt or Hellman’s mayo
- Add thinly sliced red onions for some beautiful color and flavors that are complimentary and go well
- Try adding some feta or blue cheese crumbles
- Sliced roma tomatoes are also a delicious ingredient to add for a thicker salad
How to Make Cucumber Salad
- Slice two large cucumbers very thin.
- Place cucumbers into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Prepping Sour Cream Dressing
- In a smaller bowl, mix together sour cream, dill, vinegar, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper.
Salad Assembly & Serving
- Pour sour cream mixture over cucumbers and toss to evenly coat all cucumbers.
- Serve cucumber salad immediately or refrigerate, covered and tightly sealed, until ready to serve.
- Mix well before serving.
Are Cucumbers Keto Friendly?
Yes, cucumbers are keto diet friendly and low carb. Here is nutritional information for this cucumber salad. This site uses Carb Manager that automatically inputs the ingredients into the system and gives out an estimated nutritional value.
Please always be careful to double check with your own apps. Carb Manager gave this recipe an “A”.
As always, thank you for visiting my little spot on the web.
If you enjoyed this recipe or made tweaks that worked well, please leave me a comment and let me know. I always enjoying trying your changes as well!
- 2 large fresh English cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly slice two large cucumbers as thin as possible.
- Place cucumbers into a large mixing bowl and set bowl aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, minced garlic, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Pour sour cream dressing over cucumber slices and toss to evenly coat.
- Can be served immediately or put in fridge to chill.
- If you refrigerate, cover and seal tightly until ready to serve - mixing well before serving.
- You can use Hellman's Mayo or Unflavored Greek Yogurt to substitution for sour cream - keep in mind a mayo will be tangy and change the flavor and Greek yogurt tends to be thicker -
- Instead of straight sour cream, you could also do 1/4th cup sour cream and 1/4th cup Hellmann's
- If you cannot find English cucumbers, you can use 2 regular cucumbers - they just tend to be fatter - still super tasty!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.