Light and Fresh Cucumber Salad with dill and sour cream, is a fantastic choice for a low carb and keto friendly spring salad. Enjoy this refreshing and creamy salad in under 10 minutes with very little effort and ingredients you likely already have in your fridge.
You won’t believe how easy this cucumber salad is. Unlike the other Salty Side Dish recipes with a red wine vinegar base, this white vinegar dressing with garlic and a slightly sugar balance, is so incredibly creamy. Perfect with lunch or even as lunch, thinly sliced cucumbers and fresh dill herbs will turn a non-cucumber lover into a “more please!” And just like all salads, this simple cucumber salad is quick to make with very little kitchen fuss (or dishes).
Creamy Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream
Full measurements with an easy to follow printable recipe card are at the bottom of the post, helping you print for shopping and to cook in the kitchen.
Here is a quick glance ingredient list so you can verify you have everything on hand to make this salad recipe.
- fresh English cucumbers
- sour cream
- fresh dill
- white vinegar
- minced garlic
Simple Cucumber Salad Substitutions
This cucumber salad is a great way to clear those extra cucumbers in your fridge. In case you are missing ingredients or even have extra ingredients laying around, here are some substitutions or variations of this salad.
- Easy to change sour cream to unflavored Greek yogurt or Hellman’s mayo.
- Add thinly sliced red onions for some beautiful color and flavors that are complimentary and go well.
- Try adding some feta cheese or blue cheese crumbles.
- Sliced Roma tomatoes are also a delicious ingredient to add for a thicker salad.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE
How to Make Keto Cucumber Salad
- Slice two large cucumbers very thin.
- Place cucumbers into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Prepping Creamy Sour Cream Dressing
Salad Assembly & Serving
- Pour sour cream mixture over sliced cucumbers and toss everything to evenly coat all cucumbers.
- Serve salad immediately or refrigerate, covered and tightly sealed, until ready to serve.
- Mix salad well before serving to prevent settling and moisture.
Are Cucumbers Keto Friendly?
Yes, cucumbers are keto diet friendly and low carb. Here is nutritional information for this low carb cucumber salad. This site uses Carb Manager that automatically inputs the ingredients into the system and gives out an estimated nutritional value.
Please always be careful to double check with your own apps. Carb Manager gave this recipe an “A”.
As always, thank you for visiting my little spot on the web.
If you enjoyed this recipe or made tweaks that worked well, please leave me a comment and let me know. I always enjoying trying your changes as well!
- 2 large fresh English cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly slice two large cucumbers as thin as possible.
- Place cucumbers into a large mixing bowl and set bowl aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together sour cream, fresh dill, vinegar, minced garlic, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Pour sour cream dressing over cucumber slices and toss to evenly coat.
- Can be served immediately or put in fridge to chill.
- If you refrigerate, cover and seal tightly until ready to serve - mixing well before serving.
- You can use Hellman's Mayo or Unflavored Greek Yogurt to substitution for sour cream - keep in mind a mayo will be tangy and change the flavor and Greek yogurt tends to be thicker -
- Instead of straight sour cream, you could also do 1/4th cup sour cream and 1/4th cup Hellmann's
- If you cannot find English cucumbers, you can use 2 regular cucumbers - they just tend to be fatter - still super tasty!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.