Fresh strawberries and Oreo cookies make a beautiful presentation but more importantly a fantastically sweet, easy, and no bake Strawberry ice box cake dessert.
Not quite ice cream, not quite cake, this super easy strawberry ice box cake recipe, which was also featured all over TikTok, is made with a full pound of fresh strawberries, sweetened condensed milk and cool whip whipped topping that tastes divine.
Assemble, freeze, slice and devour!
Why you will love an Ice Box Cake
At home ice cream cake: Ice box cakes are an old fashioned classic recipe that allows you to easily make an ice cream cake right at home! With even easier ingredients you get the benefit of the smooth finish and delicious taste of an ice cream cake WITHOUT having to go out for fresh ice cream!
Readily available ingredients: All the ingredients for an ice box cake are easily findable at most stores and the recipe can be altered for fruit variations or changing up the crust quite easily.
No Baking Needed: Everyone loves a no bake cake! Just like our strawberry angel food cake, this dessert is no bake making it about the easiest thing you can do with fantastic results EVERY TIME!
Before you get started on making an Oreo ice box cake, you need to verify ingredients on hand. Here is everything you need to make sure you can make this viral Oreo and Strawberry Ice box cake!
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1 can, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk – this is not evaporated milk
- juice of 1 fresh lemon –
- 1 small tub, 8 oz. whipped topping, divided
- 8 Oreo’s, crushed – You can use ANY flavor Oreo’s here – we used the original cookie but Golden or Mint Oreos are also amazing.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- fresh mint leaves (optional decoration)
How to make Ice Box Cake with Oreo’s & Strawberries
This recipe is fairly simple but has a few separate steps. First, make the strawberry mixture, then the Oreo mixture, Assemble and freeze.
- Dice strawberries and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the strawberries.
- Add half a tub of whipped topping.
- Squeeze lemon juice from a fresh lemon into the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Add butter and crushed Oreo’s together in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle Oreo’s in pan on top of cool whipped mixture. (you can double this part if you like more crunch)
- Cover ice box cake with foil and freeze for a min of four hours or overnight. Remove cake from pan by inverting onto a plate.
- When ready to serve, pipe remaining whipped topping in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Alternatively, you can also use a can of whipped topping for swirls. Slice reserved strawberries into quarters and add to the top with fresh mint. Slice immediately and serve.
FAQ’s & Expert Tips
Icebox cakes started in the 1930’s and combine cookies and condensed milk for a creamy ice cream like dessert trip. Usually done in cake pans, these cakes are easy to customize and cut.
For topping, you can use regular whipped cream in a can, a star tip, frosting, chocolate, Nutella, powdered sugar, sprinkles, caramel or even homemade whipped cream. In fact, homemade whipped cream is super easy to make with heavy whipping cream! It is also a lot of fun to add candies like M&Ms, chocolate chips, coconut shreds, or gum balls.
We keep our ice box cakes in the freeze for up to a week and slice and eat all week long!
Cookies make a great crust and topping both. Aside from Oreo cookies and all the Oreo cookie flavors, commonly used cookies also include graham crackers, sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies.
TIKTOK VIRAL RECIPES: I love to test out viral recipes that TikTok users have tempted me with! Here are a few tried and tested viral TikTok recipes from readers: Baked Feta Pasta, TikTok Chocolate Cocoa Bombs, Cloud Bread from TikTok, Booty Dip, The Grey Stuff, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Inspired Cookies, Tanghulu Strawberries
Ice Box Cake with Oreo’s (TikTok)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries washed and tops removed
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small tub 8 oz, whipped topping, divided
- 8 Oreo’s crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- fresh mint leaves presentation/color
- Set aside 4 strawberries for top decoration later.
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Dice remaining strawberries and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add can of sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and half a tub of Cool Whip whipped topping. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Add melted butter and crushed Oreo's together in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle Oreo's in pan on top of cool whipped mixture. (you can double this part if you like more crunch), which makes the bottom layer.
- Cover ice box cake with foil and freeze for a min of four hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from pan by inverting onto a plate and add whipped topping to top of the cake.
- When ready to serve, pipe remaining whipped topping in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Alternatively, you can also use a can of whipped topping for swirls.
- Slice reserved strawberries into quarters and add to the top with fresh mint.
- Slice ice box cake immediately and serve.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.