Want to try the TikTok Viral Dr. Pepper recipe? Only 2 ingredients for this interesting (and a bit healthier with no calories) recipe hack. Tested and created – full recipe on the bottom of the post in an easy to print recipe card if you want to try it out!
This article may contain affiliate links.
TikTok Hacks, woot!
As an avid user on TikTok (Follow us at @TrishaAndCharlotte), I love trying all the creative recipes and ideas that I see from other people there. Recently, user Alexandra Castellanos did a fantastically fun video where she shared her own recipe for making Dr. Pepper without the extra sugar!
A few things to note before we get started.
- The original recipe uses Topo Chico Mineral Water. Because I could not find that around here, we used S. Pellegrino, which is also sparkling water.
- I love Dr. Pepper. I drink regular Dr. Pepper as well as Diet. I would say that while this recipe IS an awesome dupe for a “healthier” alternative to a regular soda, its not an exact flavor copy. It does taste like a Diet Dr. Pepper to me, but falls short of the real one. That being said, its a great summer drink so give it a shot!
- The original Dr. Pepper recipe DOES have cherry in it, as well as 23 total flavors that make up their unique recipe. It’s speculated that Dr. Pepper contains amaretto, almond, blackberry, black licorice, caramel, carrot, clove, cherry, cola, ginger, juniper, lemon, molasses, nutmeg, orange, prune, plum, pepper, root beer, rum, raspberry, tomato and vanilla, so quite the variety of flavors.
TikTok Dr. Pepper Recipe
This one is only 2 ingredients, which is awesome.
- 33.8 oz bottle of Pellegrino
- 1 bottle of Mio Black Cherry
To get started, I tested just adding a little bit of MIO.
Just continue adding a bit of Black Cherry flavor until you find the taste that you like the most!
Swirl (if you shake, you might explode it) and then pour over ice and enjoy!
If you give this a shot, let me know what you think! TikTok users are RAVING!
Even though nothing really can replace the real version, as far as keeping your sugar down, it does the deed and is packed full of flavor. Plus, Mio has zero carbs, zero sweeteners, and zero sugars!
Common Questions for this TikTok Hack
- What is the difference between Mineral Water and Tonic Water? Sparkling mineral waters are real water that are carbonated (bubbles). Tonic waters, often used in stain removals, have added ingredients like sugar.
- Does Mio have Caffeine? Yes, Mio ENERGY Black Cherry has Caffeine and B Vitamins. Serving size on the bottle containers 60 mg per “squeeze”. If this is too much caffeine for you, please dilute as directed on bottle. To compare,Regular Dr Pepper has 28 mg of caffeine per 8 fluid ounce.
- Can other brands of Sparkling Natural Mineral Waters be used? Yes! Find a brand near you. S. Pellegrino is readily available in my city, so that is what we chose.
- 33.8 oz bottle of S. Pellegrino Sparkling Water
- 1 bottle of Mio Black Cherry
- Add Black Cherry MIO to Sparkling Mineral Water to taste.
- Swirl (if you shake, you might explode it) and then pour over ice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.