Are you looking for a delicious side dish to make for dinner? Look no further than this recipe for Honey Roasted Parsnips and Carrots!
This easy-to-follow recipe combines flavors of honey and thyme with the sweetness of carrots and parsnips for an unforgettable holiday dinner side dish.
Why you will love Perfectly Roasted Veggies!
- Carrots and Parsnips are delicious and healthy. Honey-roasted carrots and parsnips are a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium. They are also a good source of fiber.
- They are easy to make. Honey roasted carrots and parsnips can be made in the oven or stovetop. They are also a great holiday side dish recipe to make ahead of time and reheat later.
- They are versatile and beautiful. Honey roasted carrots and parsnips can be served as a simple side dish recipe with earthy flavor or used in a variety of other dishes, such as salads, soups, and stews.
- virgin olive oil
- carrots and parsnips
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- dry thyme
- chopped fresh parsley
How to make Honey Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
- Peel carrots and parsnips and cut them into quarters.
- Place butter and olive oil on a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and mix the oil and butter.
- Place parsnips and carrots on a roasting pan and mix well to coat each side—season with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with honey glaze, and flip carrots and parsnips.
- Season with thyme leaves. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped fresh parsley, and serve.
Variations with Roasted Vegetables
- You can also cook honey-roasted parsnips and carrots on the stovetop. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and honey. Add parsnips and carrots and cook with a sweet glaze for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Add more honey to the olive oil and honey mixture for a sweeter dish.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper to the olive oil and honey mixture for a spicier dish.
- Add other roasted root vegetables such as turnips, rutabaga, or potatoes. Swap out the thyme for other fresh herbs, such as fresh Rosemary sprigs.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey for a twist on the classic recipe.
How to Store
Honey-roasted parsnips and carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What Entrees to Serve with This Side Dish
Honey Roasted Parsnips and Carrots are the perfect side dish for any dinner entree. Serve them with roasted chicken, steak, pork chops, or fish. They also pair perfectly with roasted vegetables or a crisp green salad.
Some popular options include:
- Oven baked chicken
- Pork chops
- Vegetarian burgers
- You can line the sheet with parchment paper to prevent the parsnips and carrots from sticking to the baking sheet.
- You can substitute maple syrup or agave nectar if you don’t have honey.
- If you don’t have olive oil, you can substitute any neutral cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary or thyme to the olive oil and honey mixture for a more flavorful dish.
- It’s also essential to evenly coat the vegetables with honey and oil. Finally, arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet for even cooking.
- Serve honey-roasted parsnips and carrots warm or at room temperature.
How to Store Honey Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the oven or microwave just before serving.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!