Super easy to grab and go on busy mornings (or lazy Sundays), blueberry pancake bites have all the delicious tastes you know and love from a pancake, all wrapped into a tiny muffin bite.
While fresh blueberries are the best choice, try other mix-ins like chocolate chips or toppings like chopped nuts.
What pan should I use for mini muffin bites?
Use a 24-cup mini muffin tin to make mini muffin bites.
Here are two pans we recommend if you do not have one. Keeping a mini muffin tin on hand helps for recipes like muffin bites, cornbread bites, and even smaller portions of recipes like egg or pizza bites.
Mini Pancake Bite Ingredients:
- Pancake mix and ingredients to make batter
- Fresh blueberries, washed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Maple syrup (for serving)
What pancake mix do we recommend?
- We used a 2-cup mix with two eggs, 1-1/4 cup milk, and two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You can use any traditional pancake batter you prefer for these bites and follow the instructions on the box.
How to make Blueberry Pancake Bites Recipe
Preheat the oven.
- Set your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Take your mini muffin pan and spray it evenly with nonstick spray.
- Put it aside for now.
Prepare the batter: Follow the instructions on your pancake mix to create the batter. Make sure it’s smooth and free of lumps for the best results.
Fill the Muffin Tins: Using a scoop or a tablespoon, fill each mini muffin cup with one tablespoon of the pancake batter.
Add the Blueberries: Place 3–4 fresh blueberries into the center of the batter in each muffin cup.
Top it off: Cover the blueberries with another tablespoon of pancake batter, ensuring the blueberries are nicely tucked in the middle.
Bake: Place the muffin pan in the oven for 13–15 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when you insert a toothpick into the center of a pancake bite, and it comes out clean.
Cool and Serve: After baking, remove the pan from the oven. Let the pancake bites cool for a few minutes.
Serve them warm, and if you like, drizzle them with some maple syrup or dust with powdered sugar for that extra sweetness.
Pancake Bites (With Fresh Blueberries)
- Mini Muffin Tins 24 spaces in each pan
- 1 tablespoon portion scoop
- toothpick to test for doneness
- 2 cups Pancake Mix and the ingredients needed to make the batter; typically eggs, milk, and vegetable oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Fresh Blueberries
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Use the nonstick cooking spray to grease your mini muffin pan. This will help prevent sticking and ensure your pancake bites come out easily.
- Prepare the pancake batter according to the package instructions. If you're using a typical mix like Jiffy baking mix, you'll usually need to combine the mix with eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. The common ratio is 2 cups of mix, 2 eggs, 1-1/4 cups of milk, and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Fill the muffin tins. Using a 1 tablespoon portion scoop, add a scoop of pancake batter into each muffin tin. This is your base layer.
- Add the blueberries. Place 3-4 washed fresh blueberries on top of the batter in each tin.
- Top it off. Add another tablespoon of pancake batter over the blueberries in each tin, covering them. This creates a little pancake "sandwich" with blueberries in the middle.
- Bake your pancake bites. Place the mini muffin pan in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. You'll know they're done when you can insert a toothpick into the center of a bite and it comes out clean.
- Cool and serve. Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and let the pancake bites stand for a few minutes to cool down. Then, serve them hot with a side of maple syrup for dipping or drizzling.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.