You’re not alone if you’re constantly scrolling through TikTok and have stumbled upon the viral Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Minis. There are hundreds of delicious copycat recipe versions, and we couldn’t resist making our own!
Everyone craves Chick-fil-A, especially when the weekend rolls around, and we remember that they’re closed on Sundays. Whomp, whomp.
Viral TikTok Chicken Minis!!
But what if we told you you could recreate that breakfast time magic at home?
This copycat Chick-fil-A chicken breakfast sandwich recipe can satisfy your cravings any day of the week!
Why You’ll Adore This Copycat Recipe
- Everyday Satisfaction: It’s happened to the best of us. The intense craving on a Sunday, only to realize Chick-fil-A is taking their day off (much deserved). With this recipe, you can have your Chick-fil-A chicken breakfast anytime, any day!
- Simplicity at its Best: Chicken minis may appear complicated, but making these is as easy as 1, 2, and 3! Marinate, coat, and fry. Before you know it, you’ll indulge in a bite-sized copycat Chick-fil-A chicken mini at your kitchen table.
- Serve It Your Way: Think chicken minis are just a breakfast item? Think again! Whether you want the most delicious breakfast recipe or a tasty lunch, dinner, or football game day appetizer, these chicken minis are perfect for every occasion.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Minis Recipe:
Craving the iconic Chick-fil-A chicken minis?
Dive into this beginner-friendly chicken biscuit copycat recipe and make your own drool-worthy chicken breakfast sandwiches at home. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
For the Chicken Marinade:
- buffalo sauce
- Poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper
- Two chicken breasts cut into 2-inch cubes
For the Coating:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and dried oregano.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- One package of Sister Shuster’s Parkhouse Style Yeast Rolls, cooked as per package directions
- Two tablespoons melted butter
- Two tablespoons honey
- Dipping Choices: Copycat Chick-fil-A sauce (optional, for serving), a dash of hot sauce, honey, or jelly
How to make Chick-fil-A Chicken Mini’s
Marinate the Chicken:
Whisk together buttermilk, buffalo sauce, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and oregano in a mixing bowl—season with Salt and pepper.
Immerse the chicken cubes into the mixture, ensuring an even coat.
Cover and let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight for best results.
Prep for Frying:
Blend the flour, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and oregano in a separate bowl. This will be your crispy coating.
Heat about 1″ of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook that Chicken:
Drench each marinated piece of chicken in the flour mixture, ensuring all sides are well-coated.
Fry each side of the chicken cubes in the hot oil for approximately 4 minutes or until the breading mixture is a beautiful golden brown. Inside, the chicken should register at 165 degrees on a meat thermometer to be fully cooked.
Once fried to perfection, let the crispy chicken drain and remove excess oil using paper towels.
Assemble the Chick-n-Minis:
Slice open each yeast roll and nestle a piece of fried chicken inside.
For an added layer of flavor, combine melted butter and honey, then delicately brush each dinner roll with this sweetened honey butter mixture using a pastry brush.
If you’re going for the full Chick-fil-A signature flavor, serve with the optional copycat dipping sauce.
Yield: 15 delightful chicken minis will have you skipping the drive-thru and heading straight to your kitchen!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use another type of roll? Yes, though Sister Shuster’s Parkhouse Style Yeast Rolls have that easy-to-open fold that works perfectly with this recipe, feel free to experiment with other types!
- How can I reduce flour waste? If you have a lot of leftover flour, use a little less than the recipe suggests next time, or use the shake-and-bake method with a bag.
- Can I freeze them for later? Absolutely! Just ensure they’re cooled and freeze them individually on a baking sheet before transferring them to a freezer bag.
Easy Tips and Flavor Variations:
- Add an extra dash of chili powder to the marinade for a spicier kick.
- Don’t rush the marinating process; the longer the chicken nuggets soak, the more flavorful they’ll be.
- If buffalo sauce isn’t your thing, try substituting it with your favorite BBQ sauce or honey mustard.
Side Dishes that go well with a Breakfast Menu
Hash Browns: Crispy and golden, these potato delights are a breakfast favorite. You can make them in patty form or shredded.
Grits: Creamy and comforting, you can serve grits with a pat of butter, some shredded cheddar cheese, or even a sprinkle of bacon bits.
Breakfast Country Potatoes: Diced bite-size pieces of potatoes that can easily be sautéed with onions and bell peppers make for a hearty breakfast side.
Biscuits and White Gravy: Fluffy homemade buttermilk biscuits smothered in creamy, peppery gravy are a classic Southern treat.
Fresh Fruit Cups: A simple assortment of seasonal fruits, such as melon slices, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple chunks, offers an easy and welcome side option.
Chicken Minis (Chick-Fil-A Copycat Recipe)
- mixing bowl
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless – 2 inch cubes
- vegetable oil
- 1 package Sister Shusters Parkhouse Style Yeast Rolls cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
Marinate the Chicken pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients: 1/2 cup of Buttermilk, 1/2 cup of Buffalo sauce, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Whisk the ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, ensuring they are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least two hours. For best results, let it marinate for a min of 2 hours to overnight.
For the Chicken Coating:
- In a separate bowl, mix flour ingredients: All purpose flour, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- Once your chicken has marinated, take each piece and dip it into the flour mixture. Make sure all sides of the chicken are well-coated.
Frying the Chicken:
- In a large skillet, pour in about 1 inch of vegetable oil. Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Once the cooking oil is hot, use tongs and carefully place the chicken pieces into the skillet.
- Fry each side of the chicken for approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy and inside temperature is at 165 degrees. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Assembling the Chicken Minis:
- Slice each cooked yeast roll open and place a piece of the fried chicken inside.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter and honey until well combined. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the top of each roll with the honey-butter mixture.
- Serve your Chicken Minis with copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.