Recreating at home versions of known and loved favorites can often seem intimidating. But just like with these two popular Chick-Fil-A sauce recipes, its incredibly worthwhile to learn.
Super easy, the original Chick-Fil-A sauce, a mustard and BBQ sauce combination, is the most popular sauce in our house. Second, the bright orange and tangy Polynesian sauce, also from Chick-Fil-A, is close behind. The great thing is both copycat recipes are simple, with typical household pantry ingredients, and can be whipped up to really bring homemade chicken nuggets and sandwiches to the next level in about 5 minutes or less.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
Chick-Fil-A notes on their website that this sauce is “Our classic dipping sauce with notes of honey mustard and a smoky tang.” And it is!
While going out to this restaurant is probably our preference (certainly the kids’ preference) its not always feasible. Timing, the availability for the restaurant to be open, finances – but that doesn’t mean that we cant enjoy the copycat culinary version of this infamous sauce that makes chicken next level. From dipping to drizzling, you will CRAVE this copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce once you learn not only easy it is to make, but how readily the ingredients are available in your home right now!
And while nothing can compare to the original, this comes pretty close! Double this recipe for a perfect party dipping sauce too!
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce Ingredients
We purchase entire bottles at the store and that is totally fine if you want the original but if you are out or are not anywhere near a Chick-Fil-A store, this recipe is a fantastic copycat for the original Chick-Fil-A chicken dipping sauce.
Here are the ingredients you need to have on hand to make the original mustard/honey/BBQ sauce that is perfect for a homemade dupe. Once verified all ingredients are on hand, move to next step in recipe!
- barbecue sauce – note that the type of sauce you choose here will really alter the taste. Original Chick-Fil-A sauce has more of a Smokey BBQ flavor, but feel free to use any BBQ flavor you want.
- prepared yellow mustard
- lemon juice
How to make Chick-Fil-A Sauce at Home
Combine real mayonnaise (like Hellmann’s), local honey, BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays like in our Slow Cooked Baked Beans, lemon juice, plain prepared mustard and mix all ingredients well with a whisk.
What to serve with Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- This original sauce is best with fries (of all kinds – waffle fries of course, steak fries, bistro fries, wedge or even curly!) and chicken nuggets.
- Store any leftover sauce covered and in the refrigerator.
Polynesian Sauce Recipe
Do not mix the Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce up with traditional sweet and sour like a Chinese restaurant. This sauce is tangy and very forthcoming, great for homemade chicken sandwiches or air fried chicken tenders.
Only 3 ingredients needed, this bright orange sauce is a welcome addition to at home cooks that bring the restaurant quality to the kitchen table (without the commute!).
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce Ingredients
Now onto the second copycat sauce – Polynesian! Chick-Fil-A itself notes that this sauce is “A delicious sweet and sour sauce with a strong, tangy flavor.” Its great, again, for fries and chicken sandwiches!
- Catalina salad dressing
- prepared mustard
How to make Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce
- Combine together Catalina Salad Dressing, local honey and yellow prepared mustard.
- Mix gently with a whisk.
- Serve with sauce with chicken and fries.
- Store leftover sauce covered and in the refrigerator.
More Copycat Restaurant Recipes
- Disney “The Grey Stuff”
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili
- TikToks Ultimate Disney Grilled Cheese
- Alice Springs Chicken from Outback
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
For Either Sauce
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Serve with fries, chicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.
- Store either leftover sauce covered, sealed and in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.