Are you looking for a delicious yet healthier way to enjoy chicken? Look no further than our Diet Coke Chicken recipe!
This simple yet flavorful dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The combination of Diet cola and various spices gives the chicken a delicious, sweet, and savory flavor that is sure to impress your dinner guests.
Plus, you can easily adjust the ingredients to make it as spicy or mild as you like. So don’t wait – try our Diet Coke Chicken recipe today and see why it’s become so popular!
What is diet coke chicken?
Diet Coke chicken is a dish with lean chicken breasts cooked in a sauce made with Coca-Cola products. The sauce gives the chicken a sweet and tangy flavor, and it also helps to keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
This dish can also be made with other pieces of chicken, like skinless chicken thighs or chicken wings, and can be altered with other diet soda brands, like Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper.
Please check the labels on the cans to see the exact nutritional values of each brand.
There are many different ways to make diet cola chicken. The most common way is to cook the chicken in a flavorful sauce made with Diet Coke.
However, add other ingredients to the sauce, such as onions, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, or peppers.
- boneless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- Diet Coke
- seasonings – garlic powder, salt, ground pepper, and chopped fresh parsley
How to make Diet Coke Chicken
- Add chicken breast to a skillet and season with salt and pepper. Heat over medium heat until browned on each side. The chicken does not need to be cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- Whisk together ketchup, Diet Coke, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The mixture will bubble and fizz/foam. Gently pour on the chicken.
- Heat over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes until the mixture is bubbly, the liquid is reduced lightly, and the chicken is no longer pink and registers at 165 degrees internally.
- Remove from heat and serve with sauce, topped with chopped fresh parsley or sliced green onions.
Discover How Diet Coke Can Make Your Chicken Taste Delicious!
There are many reasons to eat Diet Coke chicken. It is a low-calorie dish that is perfect for people trying to lose or maintain a healthy weight without sacrificing flavor.
Using no or low-calorie diet coke creates a sauce similar to barbeque sauce but without the added sugar.
- It is a low-calorie dish. Diet coke chicken is an excellent option for people trying to maintain weight loss or a healthy weight. It is a healthy source of protein, and it is low in overall calories.
- It is a delicious and flavorful dish. Diet coke chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish perfect for busy weeknights. The sauce gives the chicken a sweet and tangy flavor and helps keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
- It is a quick and easy dish to make. Diet coke chicken is a quick and easy dish to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be cooked in various ways with any favorite seasonings and spices. Once you make the original recipe, experiment with other pantry favorites like Chinese 5 Spice or a bit of Cayenne pepper.
Where did Diet coke chicken recipe start?
Diet Coke chicken is a popular dish believed to have originated in the United States. It is a relatively new dish, and it was created in the early 2000s.
Slimming World, Weight Watchers, TikTok, and countless food bloggers have published versions of this dish. Using diet coke as a secret ingredient in the sauce is an alternative sugar.
You can make this dish with regular coke but lose some of the low-calorie values in this delicious meal.
How Many Calories Are in This Healthy Chicken Dish?
This is a relatively low-calorie dish. A serving of diet coke chicken contains about 250 calories. A serving of diet coke chicken contains about 25 grams of protein, 100 milligrams of sodium, 10 milligrams of potassium, and 2 milligrams of iron.
These nutritional aspects will change on the size of the chicken, how much sauce you use, and side dish recipes served with it.
Please consult your own food app to dial down exact values if that is important to you, as these are calculated automatically and may be off from actually being ingested.
There are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when making diet cola chicken:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best results.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat to prevent it from overcooking.
- Add the Diet Coke sauce to the pan slowly to avoid splattering.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite mixed vegetables (like sugar snap peas), brown rice, or cheesy cauliflower rice.
How to freeze diet coke chicken
This chicken recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze it, place the cooked chicken in a freezer-safe bag or container.
How to store diet coke chicken
Diet coke chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To keep it, place the cooked chicken in a covered airtight container.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!