Riced cauliflower, loaded with cheese and bacon, is the perfect creamy keto side dish.
CREAMY LOADED RICED CAULIFLOWER
This loaded cauliflower rice is just SO good! This guilt free, made in no time at all side dish is delicious from bite one.
If you think you do not like cauliflower, this recipe might just change your mind! Made from steamed cauliflower, this is a super quick and super delicious, low carb friendly side dish that keeps you on your KETO diet.
And good news – no matter whether you are or are not on a Keto diet, cauliflower “potatoes” are the perfect replacement for mashed potatoes, pasta, or regular white rice to really mix up and flavor a meal.
This recipe is a QUICK 10 minute side dish.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- steamed cauliflower (riced)
- shredded cheese
- ranch seasoning
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sour cream
- whole cream
- real bacon bits
Watch my Video on How to Make Loaded Rice Cauliflower Below
How to Make Riced Cauliflower with Cheese and Bacon
- First measure and steam your cauliflower rice to 6 cups.
- Once steamed, dump your cauliflower in a bowl.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese, 2 tsp of ranch seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 cup of full fat sour cream and 1/4th cup whole cream.
- Mix well.
Cooking with Cauliflower
For the longest time, I would buy an entire head of cauliflower, cull it down, steam it and then mashed it up.
Thankfully cauliflower has gained some major market share at the grocery stores, which cuts those steps down.
All you need to do is buy cauliflower already riced, steam it (takes about 3 minutes in the bag) and measure out 6 cups. Most bags of cauliflower already riced are 3 cups, so you typically need 2 bags.
I find mine in the FRESH PRODUCE department, usually on the wall by fresh bagged green beans.
Can you buy Riced Cauliflower frozen?
You can! There is riced cauliflower in the frozen department, just steam before proceeding to step by step recipe.
- 6 cups steamed cauliflower (riced)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4th cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons real bacon bits
- Measure and steam cauliflower rice. Most bagged steam riced cauliflower have directions on the bag to microwave steam.
- In a bowl, dump the steamed and cooked cauliflower rice.
- Now to the cauliflower, add 2 cups of shredded cheese, 2 tsp of ranch seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 cup of full fat sour cream and 1/4th cup heavy cream.
- Mix ingredients super well until cheese and cream are melted and fully incorporated.
- Top with salt and pepper and bacon bits.
- Serve riced cauliflower immediately while hot and melty.
What to serve cauliflower rice with:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.