This two-ingredient simple Thanksgiving dessert idea with cinnamon rolls and pumpkin is just the food inspiration you need this holiday season.
An unexpected way to use a can of cinnamon rolls, this indulgent dessert recipe is a rich and filling breakfast that takes the taste of classic pumpkin pie and turns it into a delicious holiday recipe worth having around the table.
Why you will love this TikTok Thanksgiving Dessert.
2 Ingredients – Some of the best recipes only take a handful of ingredients. While there are more than two ingredients, most recipe bloggers do not consider spices an actual ingredient.
Additionally, you can omit the spice (we do not recommend that) or alter it with other holiday spices like nutmeg.
Simple – The holiday season is all about cooking, and we sure do have a ton of recipes. But cooking is expensive and can be difficult for some.
We love finding no-fail recipes that make cooking exciting, not boring.
- Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting or icing
- Pumpkin puree – There are two types of pumpkin on the market. Pumpkin puree, which is straight pumpkin and no spices added. You can add spices or canned pumpkin pie with the spices already in it.
- Spices– pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon
- Optional: Cool Whip whipped cream
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each cinnamon roll dough into six wedges and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon pumpkin puree into the pan and mix well with cinnamon roll pieces to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir the mixture, and return to the oven for 15 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted into the center yields cinnamon rolls that are done.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Let pumpkin cinnamon rolls set and cool until warm, and drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Where did this Thanksgiving Dessert Idea come from?
We originally saw this viral recipe on TikTok via creator @mealsandmunchies – There are many great comments and feedback from readers. The creator claimed it “tastes so good people will think you know how to bake.”
See the full video below:
Recommended Changes we would make to this TikTok recipe
think you need to add the seasoning to the pumpkin puree because it’s kind of a one-note recipe without that. I have reflected that in the recipe card.
That being said, I gave this pumpkin cinnamon roll treat to a friend, and her kids gobbled it up and loved it as-is. I only drizzled one packet of icing onto the final dish.
Related Holiday Dessert Recipes
A seasonal favorite, this is the best butter mint recipe ever.
Would you like a dessert for one? Try a microwave brownie in a mug!
Lastly, the holidays are not the same without this no fail fudge recipe!