There is no doubt that salami makes a perfect appetizer, and with this awesome hack to turn salami pieces into a rose, your next charcuterie board display will be divine – and delicious.
The Salami Rose tutorial below will show you how to make meat roses that can be duplicated with any other appetizer meats and make your holiday boards stand out.
Why you will love making Salami Roses!
Whether making this fun appetizer for a charcuterie board or serving up to guests at a party, salami roses with mozzarella balls are more than just a decoration.
These itty bitty meat roses are quick to make (just a minute or so!) and great use of cold cuts.
Holiday fun without the work – Maybe a little over the top, but these fancy-looking meat roses are a great way to impress and a stunning addition to a tray.
TikTok Salami Roses for the win!
We learned about this amazing TikTok Viral food hack from creator @Kampers_Kitchen. You can see the entire food video below:
Salami rose & mozz skewers 🌹⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze and you’ve got yourself a fun summer appetizer 🤩⠀ ⠀ ⠀ #kamperskitchen #salamirose #skewers #cheese #salami #mozzarella #appetizer #horsdoeuvres♬ You Sexy Thing (Single Version) – Hot Chocolate
Our thoughts on this Viral Recipe – You know what’s delicious, this…but with Everything Bagel Seasoning! I love this type of cheese, but I always feel like it needs salt!
So this seasoning was perfect for it. Plus, everything bagel has a lot of organic feel to this display and ties in a fancy authentic look and feel.
- “cherry size” fresh mozzarella balls, drained – my mozzarella said Fresh Mozzarella, Ciliegine “cherry Size” on the tub.
- Salami – My salami was Italian dry salami, 5oz, and I didn’t get the deli salami as that’s probably 3-3-1/2″ around. This salami is 2 or 2.5″, which I think is necessary for the “roses” on this small toothpick skewer. These are also bigger than the pepperoni you’d buy in the package.
- fresh mint leaves
- everything bagel seasoning
How to make a Salami Rose.
- To make roses, place two slices of salami pieces next to each other, overlapping slightly.
- Fold in half lengthwise, so you have “two hills” and a flat bottom of the salami.
- Beginning with one end, roll the pieces of salami, and you’ll end with a rose.
- To assemble on skewers: Slide one mozzarella ball onto a skewer.
- Add 1-2 mint leaves, followed by a salami rose.
- Add 1-2 additional mint leaves and one more mozzarella ball.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Serve salami flowers immediately on grazing boards or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Expert Charcuterie Board Tips
Serve these beautiful salami slices with a wine glass or champagne flute of your favorite beverage. The rose shape pairs perfectly on snack boards in just a couple of minutes.
Try this simple charcuterie board idea for a beautiful rose with other cold meats! Make sure they have a circle shape and are a large enough slice of meat to get a nice roll.
For meats that are not the right shape, use a circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter. Stiffer meats like pepperoni and cured meats like prosciutto or Canadian bacon are all great meat options for a nice decorative touch with minimal effort.
Common pairings to serve salami rosettes with are fresh fruit, chocolate dipping sauce, nuts ( I prefer almonds and pecans), cheese slices, and adding board with crackers. Anything you can serve on an appetizer platter can go well.
Related Viral Appetizer Recipes
Jalapeno Poppers are a great appetizer for nearly any occasion – or whip up stuffed jalapenos in an air fryer for a treat for one!
Bring on the apple slices or graham crackers; a peanut butter cream cheese ball is perfection in the fall.
Bacon is great for toppings, but it also can make finger food for snack boards! Try making twisted bacon for an on-the-go grab crunch.
See all of our tiktok recipes here or our entire site dedicated to viral recipes over here.
Leave A Reply!