Dessert done right is the name of the game for this Cherry Cream Cheese Dump Cake, a simple dump and bake cake that can be eaten as is or compliments bowl of ice cream beautifully.
Cherry & Cream Cheese Dump Cake
Cherry pie filling and whipped cream cheese make a creamy, decadent and EASY dessert dump cake that substitute as a cherry cheesecake and goes great over ice cream.
There is nothing better than warm cherries out of the oven and the yellow cake mix and cookie crust with folded cherries is just so divine. This cherry cheese dump cake recipe is perfectly perfect for holidays and serving a crowd- easily serves 12 or more (depending on how much) and warms up great as left overs the next day.
- 2 Cans Cherry Pie Mix
- Bag of Chessman Cookies – approximately 24 cookies
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 Stick Butter
- 8 oz. can of Whipped Cream Cheese
Oven Baked Cherry Dump Cake
To get started, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a row, layer Chessman Cookies from one end of the baking dish to the other.
Open and dump 2 cans of cherry pie filling over top of cookies, using a spatula to spread out evenly over the cookies.
Dollop on whipped cream cheese all over pan.
Carefully use a spatula or spoon to integrate cream cheese into cherry pie filling.
Sprinkle on Vanilla or Yellow Cake mix (dry) over top of cherry filling, edge to edge.
Slice up 1 and a half sticks of butter thinly and layer evenly over the cake mix.
The butter needs to be able to melt into entire cake mix, so if you splice your butter too thick you may need some more to complete around the edges, this is fine.
Bake on 35o for 45-55 minutes or until set.
Consistency of Dump Cakes
Dump cakes are not quite like regular cakes. They (to me) always have an air of a softer cake and can be cooked longer if you want more of a cakey- cake.
This cake is set in our gas oven at around 55 minutes but add another 15 (and always check!) if you want a lighter cake over a dense one.
As always when cooking, each recipe is based off of our experience, and baking leaves little room for error, so start checking on your oven baked goods 10 minutes before expected times to really gauge the doneness.
Alternative Bottom Crust Layer
If you want to skip the Chessman cookies, try layering the bottom of the cherry dump cake with one of the following.
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Shortbread cookies
- Oreo‘s of any flavor
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
More Cherry Filled Desserts
Slutty Cheesecake Bars – Slutty Cheesecake bars with cream cheese, cherry filling, and a cookie crumble square really get around. You won’t need to apologize when you ask for seconds (and the recipe) of this perfect cheesecake bar dessert.
Ambrosia Salad – Ambrosia salad recipe with with cool whip, fruit and marshmallows is the perfect for your upcoming picnic. Kid friendly with just the right amount of sweet, this is a classic recipe that will remind you of what grandma used to make!
Cherry Cream Cheese Dump Cake
- 2 cans Cherry Pie Mix
- 1 bag Bag of Chessman Cookies - approximately 24 cookies
- Vanilla or Yellow box of Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream Cheese can
- To get started, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a row, layer Chessman Cookies from one end of a 9 x13 baking dish to the other.
- Open and dump 2 cans of cherry pie filling over top of cookies, using a spatula to spread out evenly over the cookies.
- Dollop on whipped cream cheese all over pan.
- Carefully use a spatula or spoon to integrate cream cheese into cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle on Vanilla or Yellow Cake mix (dry) over top of cherry filling, edge to edge.
- Slice up 1 and a half sticks of butter thinly and layer evenly over the cake mix.
- The butter needs to be able to melt into entire cake mix, so if you splice your butter too thick you may need some more to complete around the edges, this is fine.
- Bake on 350 for 45-55 minutes or until set.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.