From scratch homemade ranch dip, perfect for vegetable trays, wings, and potato chips. Ranch seasonings right from the pantry and whipped up in 10 minutes or less, a perfect restaurant quality ranch dip that is thick and creamy.
Dips are a favorite here on Salty Side Dish.
After all, dips are about THE most important appetizer in just about any occasion at home and having a quick dip, like this Ranch Dip, brings together that homemade, restaurant quality dip that you can count on.
And whipping up in only 10 minutes makes this the perfect instant dip that everyone will def enjoy with so much ease to make more if needed!
Ranch Seasoning and Spices Mix
There are a few spices that make up the traditional ranch taste, like chives, dill, and garlic – that you should not leave out. Here is the full list of herbs and spices to make ranch work.
Once you have verified you have all ingredients on hand, proceed to full instructions and a printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- real mayonnaise
- sour cream
- dry chives
- dry parsley
- dry dill
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
How to make Ranch Dip
Mix mayonnaise and sour cream together.
Add spices, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
Cover dip and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight for flavors to mingle.
Stir before serving.
What goes Good with Ranch Dip?
Ranch is delicious on just about anything, from sandwiches to veggies, tortilla chips to pretzels.
My favorite ways to serve this flavorful and thick dip are with the following:
- Sliced Red, Green, and Yellow Peppers
- Whole Mushrooms
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Bits of Raw Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Salty Potato Chips
- Chicken Nuggets
- French Fries
Convert Dip To Dressing
Yes, it is fairly easy to convert Ranch Dip to a Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Using the exact same Ranch Dip ingredients, simply add 1/3 to 1/2 cup buttermilk (a little at a time) to desired thin or thickness for preference.
Ranch Recipe FAQ’s
Yes, you can use unflavored Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream.
You could use a hidden valley dry dressing combined with mayo, sour cream or buttermilk for a similar taste, but you would miss the true homemade of using seasonings.
Yes, the Ranch Dip Recipe as written here is Keto.
Simply substitute the buttermilk for other liquids like heavy whipping cream, half and half or a bit of whole milk. Just start with a little at a time till you get the consistency you want.
Store left over dip in the refrigerator.
Homemade Ranch Dip
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- Add spices, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate ranch dip for 30 minutes or overnight for flavors to completely mingle.
- Prior to serving, stir once more. Serve dip with a variety of vegetables on a platter like cucumbers, carrots, slices of green and red peppers, radishes and raw cauliflower.
- Store any leftover dip, covered and sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In order to convert ranch dip to ranch dressing, add 1/3rd to 1/2 cup of Buttermilk until desired thinness.