Dill Pickle Lovers rejoice! This creamy dill pickle dip is BURSTING with flavor in mere minutes. A perfect appetizer dip, you can even make this dip ahead for ease at holiday and football party planning.
I hesitate to use the term “5 minutes” because nothing takes 5 minutes by the time you get it all out of the fridge, but this dip, complete with cream cheese, is simple and fast and what I would consider instant – no baking, no cooking, and really no-nonsense.
DILL DIP GROCERY LIST
This “cant-go-wrong-simple-to-make-5-minute” dip is perfect for Football Sunday, holiday vegetable trays, and for those that love dill pickles, simply THE best dip EVER. Also note: You can substitute dried seasonings and herbs for fresh as long as you recalculate the measurements from dry to fresh.
Before you get started on making this football friendly dip, make sure you have all the ingredients on hand.
- cream cheese, softened
- sour cream
- dill pickles
- Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- dry dill weed
- dill pickle juice
- potato or tortilla chips for serving
*As always, the full recipe condensed into a printable is at the bottom of this post*
What goes good with Dip?
Dips are nothing without things to dip INTO the dip! There are so many ways from carb-filled to carb-less dippers.
- Potato Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Bits of bread like torn French bread, Garlic Bread or even hardened crostini
- Pickles (really!) – add Pickle Spears to the tray
- Veggies like celery, cucumbers, and sliced peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Mini Pigs in a Blanket
How to make 5 Minute Dill Pickle Dip
- Using your favorite brand and flavor of pickle, chop down fresh pickles into bite sized pieces. Hamburger or sandwich pickles are super easy to cut because you can stick them.
- Mix together all dried spices, sour cream, softened cream cheese and pickles and pickle juice.
- Cover and refrigerate dip for at least 1 hour for best flavor (helps seasonings soften and combine) or overnight is fine too if you want to make ahead. As a note, this dip can be eaten immediately, however as with all dips, its best to let chill first.
- Serve dip chilled, with potato chips or one of the dippers listed above.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover pickle dip.
- Makes 2-1/2 cups of dip.
Variations for Dill Pickle Dip
ADDITIONS: Recipes, especially dip recipes, are super easy to make your own. You can take this base dip recipe for dill pickle dip and change it up easily with one of the following ideas:
- Add Chipped dried beef (typically in the packaged meat department)
- Create dill pickle pasta salad by using this creamy base and combining with cooked pasta shells
- Use as a sandwich spread on toasted bagels, sandwiches, and wraps (like these Pinwheels)
- Add a bit of fresh onion or even dried minced onion as long as it has time to saturate in the pickle dip
Please share in the comments so we can continue to provide your creative ideas to anyone that may be considering making this recipe.
You can find us over on Pinterest and all our brand new recipes here.
- 1 brick, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 /4 cup dill pickle juice
- potato chips for serving
- Take cream cheese out of fridge and unwrap and leave on counter for about 30 minutes prior to assembling dip. This allows a lot easier mixture as cold cream cheese tends to be hard and gets caught in hand mixers and whisks easily.
- Chop pickles into bite sized pieces. The pickle pieces can be diced down into smaller pieces or left with larger chunks.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and all seasonings. Whisk well.
- Add in cut up pickles and pickle juice and thoroughly mix again.
- Dip is best served cold, so plan for at least 1 hour in fridge to help marinate flavors as well as chill dip.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover dip for up to 3 days.
- Serving size is calculated at about 1/4th cup per serving.
- I often get asked if pickles are keto friendly and they CAN be keto or low carb if you find pickles that are organic and have no added sugar. Check the jar nutritional value prior to being purchased.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 3025mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.