Mini red peppers oven roasted in olive oil and garlic are an easy light side dish that leaves you with a tender, flavorful side dish.
Perfect to serve with a steak, chicken, or beef recipe, the sweet charred pepper is as stunning to look at as it is to enjoy.
- Sweet Mini Peppers – Typically, fresh peppers come in bags of various colors and are great for snacking. Peppers should be firm and shiny.
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- kosher salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh basil
Because this dish is super high heat, we do not recommend parchment paper. It will brown pretty quickly. Instead use a really good cooking sheet that releases and nonstick. We used a Pampered Chef Sheet pan and it’s great for roasting veggies! As long as you are using a good-quality pan, there shouldn’t be any issues with sticking.
How to roast mini peppers in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a bowl, combine peppers, oil, and minced garlic. Mix well to evenly coat peppers in oil and spices.
- Transfer peppers onto a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt & pepper.
- Place the baking sheet onto the preheated oven rack. The cooking time is approximately 15-20 minutes.
- OPTIONAL TOPPING: Serve roasted peppers with fresh basil on top.
Expert Roasting Tips
If you want extra flavor, roast mini peppers over an open flame or high heat to get more charred skin.
Simply monitor peppers under the oven broiler for 1 minute at a time until the desired color is reached. Remember that broiling gets real hot, real fast, so do not leave peppers unattended.
The roasting method is really only one way to cook peppers! Many people love roasting peppers on an outdoor gas grill or over an open flame on a gas stove to really get that blackened skin flavor.
This dish is a great way to use some of the leftover oven roasted garlic you may have.
- Peppers usually go well with the same thing tomatoes do – feta cheese, blue cheese, and goat cheese. Sprinkle cheese on before serving for a richer flavor.
- Change up the spices to include onion powder, pepper flakes, or spicy cayenne.
- Instead of mini sweet peppers, try this oven method with red poblano peppers.
- Add a drop of liquid smoke to the dish to get a smoky flavor without black skin.
Serve Mini Peppers with
- Oven roasted peppers can be used in fajitas, as a side dish, stuffed, or with juicy chicken for a Mediterranean-style dish.
- Stuff and warm peppers with ricotta cheese.
- Lemon zest or lemon juice to squeeze over top.
- Diced and added to crusty bread.
Related Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Looking for more ways to enjoy a simple side dish recipe? Try one of our favorites!
This Crispy Herb Parmesan Roasted Potatoes Recipe is a reader favorite.
Beautiful colored rainbow carrots roasted in the oven.
Connect with Us!