Perfect for mornings or after-school snack, Custard Yogurt Toast is protein-packed, great to pile on fruit, and a viral breakfast recipe you will love.
One of the newest trends on TikTok, this Custard toast combines incredibly thick and flavorful Brioche bread with a beautiful blend of honey, cinnamon, and Greek Yogurt.
Why you will love making TikTok Toast.
Cause it’s viral, baby – As we typically learn with all our trending recipes, they go viral for a reason! Skip the viral breakfast casserole and French toast recipe because this dessert for breakfast won’t leave you feeling guilty or bulky.
Pile on the fresh fruit – a perfect and simple recipe to start your morning!
Toppings galore for Custard Toast – Aside from strawberries and blueberries, drizzle on melted peanut butter, powdered sugar, jams, dark chocolate chips, nut butters, or tart raspberries.
The variations for these pieces of toast are endless! It’s a totally blank canvas for you to get creative with.
For a little extra flavor and color, add lemon zest or orange zest.
What did we think about this Viral Tiktok Recipe?
Yogurt Toast is surprisingly good and likely a recipe you have yet to make in the morning!
I liked my yogurt custard toast with honey drizzled on the soft bread; my kids and husband preferred maple syrup. It is “toasted,” so you can pick it up and eat it with your fingers; you don’t need a fork and knife.
Custard Toast Ingredients:
- Brioche bread (thick sliced) – Overall, the type of bread you use is up to you, but we recommend thick and soft bread, sweet bread like Brioche or Challah bread. As Brioche is commonly used in other bread breakfast recipes, I would stick with that.
- Plain Greek yogurt – I just used a single serving of plain yogurt. The container was 5.3 ounces, and it worked great. You could probably use vanilla greek yogurt, too.
- Flavor – honey, egg, and ground cinnamon.
- Fresh fruit or fresh berries – washed and sliced, such as peaches, blueberries, sliced bananas, and strawberries.
- Optional topping – powdered sugar, extra honey, or maple syrup optional for serving.
How to make TikTok Custard Toast
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eight slices of bread onto the baking sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon or your fingers, gently press the center of each slice of bread to create a divot or dent in the bread. Set slices bread aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, honey, egg, and cinnamon.
- Evenly spoon yogurt custard mixture into each divot in the bread, with about two tablespoons of custard filling in each of the bread slices.
- Top piece of bread with any combination or mixture of fresh fruits.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the center is set and the bread is toasted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar and serving with an additional drizzle of honey and drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
Expert Yogurt Toast Tips
- No oven? Try using a toaster oven!
- Switch up the seasonings with nutmeg or apple pie, or pumpkin spice.
- Custard flavoring can also be elevated with vanilla extract. If you leave it plain (without seasonings and added sugar elements), it’s going to taste eggier – which in that case, you might as well just make a toad in a hole recipe instead.
- We prefer a divot in the brand versus edge-to-edge yogurt – this keeps it less messy on the first few bites.
Related Viral Breakfast Recipes
- Did you know you can grate hard boiled eggs on toast too?
- Hands down one of the most viral recipes this year; you must try our TikTok Cinnamon Rolls recipe!
- Make stuffed pancakes with ease – all you need is a spatula!
- Incredibly fresh, this beautiful bowl of Natures Cereal is as back to the basics as it can get – full of antioxidants and a gorgeous snack.
Leave A Reply!