This quick and easy pasta salad full of chopped vegetables and a light, refreshing dressing is perfect for parties and potlucks.
Different from traditional zesty pasta salads that smother ingredients with Italian dressing, this summer BBQ favorite is instead made with a yogurt and mustard base.
Why this is the Best Pasta Salad Recipe
Makes in Advance – Like most classic pasta salad recipes in the same family, this dish tastes even better the next day when the flavors can melt together overnight.
This makes this recipe a perfect prep-ahead option.
Can Be Vegan…or not – There are so many different dairy-free options at stores now. To keep this one vegan, make sure to use DAIRY FREE yogurt. However, if you just want a delicious pasta salad and no need for vegan option, any Greek Yogurt option will do.
- Rotini pasta – cook pasta according to package instructions and completely cool (rinse with cold water) and drain excess pasta water.
- Canned Chickpeas – drained and rinsed.
- Fresh Veggies – red pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes (our preference is cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or Roma), celery, and red onion.
- Black olives
- Dressing – fresh dill, plain dairy-free yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
- Seasonings – dry parsley, kosher salt, dry dill, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
How to make Vegan Pasta Salad
- In a large bowl, mix cooked pasta, rinsed chickpeas, chopped red pepper, chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes, chopped celery, chopped red onion, black olives, and fresh dill.
- In a separate, smaller mixing bowl, combine dairy-free yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and season with salt, dry dill, onion powder, and pepper.
- Whisk homemade dressing well and pour on pasta mixture. Stir well to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mix up the ingredients – Fresh Vegetables can all be easily chopped and added to your liking.