Spinach Artichoke Dip (Crock Pot) is an easy slow cooker spinach artichoke dip that is not only a family favorite, but a favorite dip with all my friends too!
Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is perfectly amazing and packs on the thick dip! Amazing in a slow cooker, the spinach and artichokes are wrapped inside creamy, cheesy deliciousness and served with pita chips, bits of bread, homemade corn tortilla chips, or veggies like celery and carrot sticks.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- frozen spinach
- quartered artichoke hearts
- mozzarella cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- minced garlic
- onion powder
- cream cheese
Reasons why everyone loves spinach artichoke dip:
- Only takes 5 minutes top to put together
- This dip is a slow cooker recipe, which makes it a dump and go -truly
- Unlike a lot of appetizers, there is very little clean up. You can even use a crock pot baggie and have NO clean up!
- No need to use fresh spinach, frozen tastes perfect and requires little effort.
- Its so cheesy, its practically gourmet!
Second only to Neiman Marcus Dip (there is a reason they call it 5 million dollar dip after all), spinach artichoke dip is a mostly healthy and incredibly easy dip to make. And served along side some veggies, is a keto friendly and low carb appetizer as well!
Now in the rare occasion, you want to eliminate the artichokes, you can check out my Knorr Spinach Dip without artichokes recipe!
Frozen Spinach Tips
Your frozen spinach will need to be thawed and drained. I rip off the paper wrapper and leave the spinach in the paper box.
Then I just squeeze the box over a bowl to “drain” it.
How to make Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
Prep your Crock Pot – Grease a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or add a slow cooker baggie.
Add your ingredients – Add spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Stir in cream cheese.
Continue to Stir as Needed -Cover and heat on high for 2 hours, stirring after one hour mixing melted cream cheese.
Serve and Enjoy – Makes 3 cups
Best ways to Dip
Need great ways to dip?
Here are some ideas to serve along side your artichoke dip.
- Multigrain chips
- Veggie sticks
- Frito scoops
- Pita Bread
- French Bread
Spinach Artichoke Tips:
If this dip sits too long and is thick, you can stir in milk or a little sour cream.
I’d start with a tablespoon of milk and a dollop of sour cream and then mix well. This way if the dip is too thick, you can change the consistency to what you like.
Make sure you come back and tell me any changes you made, if you loved it and always be sure to share with me your pictures on social media by tagging with #SaltySideDish
- 1 package, 10 oz, frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jar, 14.1 oz, quartered artichoke hearts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 brick, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- Grease a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray to help prevent spinach artichoke dip from sticking to sides too much.
- Add (to slow cooker) already thawed and drained frozen spinach, quartered and chopped artichoke hearts, shredded cheese, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Stir in cream cheese and mix well to incorporate.
- Cover spinach artichoke dip and heat on high for 2 hours, stirring after one hour so you can continue to mix any additional melting cream cheese.
- Serve spinach dip warm with chips, bits of bread, or vegetable dippers.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip makes 3 cups, which is 48 tablespoons. We calculate a serving as 2 tablespoons of dip for nutritional reasons.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is calculated automatically and isn't always accurate. Make sure you double check your servings along side your own carb or nutritional monitor.