Spinach Artichoke Dip (Crock Pot) is an easy slow cooker spinach artichoke dip that is not only a family favorite, but a favorite dip with all my friends too!
Second only to Neiman Marcus Dip (there is a reason they call it 5 million dollar dip after all), spinach artichoke dip is a mostly healthy and incredibly easy dip to make. And served along side some veggies, is a keto friendly and low carb appetizer as well!
Reasons why everyone loves spinach artichoke dip:
- Only takes 5 minutes top to put together
- This dip is a slow cooker recipe, which makes it a dump and go -truly
- Unlike a lot of appetizers, there is very little clean up. You can even use a crock pot baggie and have NO clean up!
- No need to use fresh spinach, frozen tastes perfect and requires little effort.
- Its so cheesy, its practically gourmet!
Now in the rare occasion, you want to eliminate the artichokes, you can check out my Knorr Spinach Dip without artichokes recipe!
Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is perfectly amazing and packs on the thick dip! Amazing in a slow cooker, the spinach and artichokes are wrapped inside creamy, cheesy deliciousness and served with pita chips, bits of bread, homemade corn tortilla chips, or veggies like celery and carrot sticks. A great appetizer recipe for game day or munching on before holiday meals are quite ready.
- 1 package, 10 oz, frozen spinach, thawed and drained-
- 1 jar, 14.1 oz, quartered artichoke hearts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 brick, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
Frozen Spinach Tips: Your frozen spinach will need to be thawed and drained. I rip off the paper wrapper and leave the spinach in the paper box. Then I just squeeze the box over a bowl to “drain” it.
How to make Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prep your Crock Pot – Grease a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or add a slow cooker baggie.
- Add your ingredients – Add spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Stir in cream cheese.
- Continue to Stir as Needed -Cover and heat on high for 2 hours, stirring after one hour mixing melted cream cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy – Makes 3 cups
Best ways to Dip
Need great ways to dip? Here are some ideas to serve along side your artichoke dip.
- Multigrain chips
- Veggie sticks
- Frito scoops
- Pita Bread
- French Bread
Spinach Artichoke Tips:
If this dip sits too long and is thick, you can stir in milk or a little sour cream. I’d start with a tablespoon of milk and a dollop of sour cream and then mix well. This way if the dip is too thick, you can change the consistency to what you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 65Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g