This Chicken Tortilla Soup is tasty, easy to make, and good for you. It has a unique flavor profile and is loaded with protein. This chicken taco soup will surely be a hit, made with shredded chicken, fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, green chiles, and delicious spices!
Serve with crunchy tortilla strips, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime on top. Plus, leftovers taste great the next day as well.
Indulge in Comfort Food Heaven – Discover the Deliciousness of Chicken Taco Soup
Filling and satisfying: With its combination of chicken, vegetables, and a fantastic blend of spices, taco soup provides a hearty and filling meal that will satisfy you. We love eating this recipe!
Versatile: Chicken Tortilla Soup can be served as a main course or a side dish, making it a perfect addition to any meal.
Great for Leftovers: With its long shelf-life, chicken tortilla soup is great for making ahead of time and storing it in the fridge for lunch later.
Of course, if you love soups, make sure also to try chicken vegetable soup, lasagna soup, and white chicken chili.
- canned – fire-roasted diced tomatoes, creamed corn, chopped green chilies, and red enchilada sauce
- shredded chicken (cooked)
- chicken broth
- seasonings – minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and ground black pepper.
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced avocado
- tortilla chips
Learn How to Make a Mouthwatering Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Add canned fire-roasted tomatoes, creamed corn, enchilada sauce, sliced zucchini, canned chilies, chicken, broth, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large stockpot.
- Heat over medium-high until the mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil until onions are translucent and zucchini is tender about 20–30 minutes.
- Serve hot soup with sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, sliced avocado, and tortilla chips.
What are some variations on a Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe?
There are many variations of Chicken Tortilla Soup. You can use different types of broth, such as vegetable or beef broth. You can also add beans, such as black beans, chili beans, or pinto beans.
Is Chicken Taco Soup healthy?
Yes, chicken tortilla soup can be a healthy dish. Primarily, this depends on what your nutritional needs are. However, most taco soup recipes are high in protein and fiber, and vegetables provide vitamins and minerals.
Typically, soup is also low in fat and calories, so it can be an excellent meal for those watching their weight.
However, it is essential to manage the toppings, as adding too much cheese and tortilla chips can add a lot of extra calories.
Are soup recipes easy to make?
Yes, chicken tortilla soup is an easy dish to make. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and requires minimal effort. Most of the ingredients are canned or available in a pantry.
The only real preparation is the chicken breast, which can also be easily purchased as cooked rotisserie chickens from the store.
Favorite toppings for chicken tortilla soup:
Tortilla Strips: Tortilla strips are a classic topping for chicken tortilla soup. They add a nice crunch, texture, and extra flavor to the soup. You can buy pre-made tortilla strips or make your own by slicing corn tortillas into strips and then frying or baking them until they are crispy.
Cheese: Cheese is a great topping for chicken tortilla soup. You can use any cheese you prefer, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or queso fresco.
Avocado: Avocado is a creamy topping for chicken tortilla soup. The creamy texture of the avocado adds a nice contrast to the soup, and the flavor complements the other ingredients.
Sour Cream: Sour cream is another classic topping for chicken tortilla soup. It adds a lovely richness to the soup and helps balance the flavors of the other ingredients.
Fresh Cilantro: Cilantro is a great topping for chicken tortilla soup. Its fresh flavor adds a nice contrast to the other ingredients.
Lime: Lime is a great topping for chicken tortilla soup. The lime’s bright, tangy flavor helps cut through the soup’s richness and adds a nice brightness to the dish.
Hot Sauce: If you like your soup to be extra spicy, consider adding some hot sauce or salsa. You can use any hot sauce, such as Tabasco, Cholula, or your favorite brand. A few dashes of hot sauce will help give the soup an extra kick of flavor.
No matter what toppings you choose to add to your chicken tortilla soup, the important thing is that you enjoy it. Experiment with different toppings to find the combination that you like best.
A Guide to Keeping Chicken Tortilla Soup Fresh and Delicious
Chicken tortilla soup is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed all year round. But if you can’t finish it all in one sitting, you’ll need to know how to store it properly.
Proper storage methods allow you to enjoy your soup for days without compromising flavor or texture.
Here’s how to store chicken tortilla soup:
1. Refrigerating: The best way to store chicken tortilla soup is to refrigerate it. To do this, first, allow the soup to cool down to room temperature. Then, transfer it to an airtight container. Place the container in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days.
2. Freezing: If you’d like to store the soup for a more extended time, you can freeze it. First, to freeze the soup, cool it down to room temperature. Then, transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag. Label the container with the date and contents so you know when it was made and what’s inside. Place the container in the freezer and consume within 3-4 months.
3. Reheating: To reheat the soup, transfer it to a pot and heat it on the stove over low-medium heat. Stir the soup occasionally until it is heated through. Alternatively, you can reheat the soup in the microwave. Transfer it to a microwave-safe container and heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serving: If the soup is too thick, add some water or chicken broth.
Leave A Reply!