Fiesta Corn dip with Rotel and sour cream, is a delicious large party dip where you and your party guests will enjoy bite after heart bite of creamy and cheesy corn dip. Prepped in 5 minutes, there isn’t an easier dip recipe out there. This cold party dip is also incredibly easy to spice up if you prefer a hotter dip or cool down for the kids.
Every Tuesday my neighbor moms and I get together and cook a few recipes and eat them up while the kids play.
Typically I bring the recipes (after all I am the food blogger) but this week one of my neighbors (thanks, Erica!) had her own favorite recipe that we whipped up! This dip recipe, which I have named Fiesta Corn Dip, has a delicious base of drained corn, a creamy mixture of sour cream and mayo, and lots of additional goodies like green onions, cheese, and of course, Rotel.Let’s talk about Rotel for a minute.
There really are a TON of kinds, so when you go to the store to make this dip, you might stand there like I did for 5 minutes reading all the flavors. To narrow it down, I picked up the Lime and Cilantro Rotel, which I thought was great, but it doesn’t have a lot of “kick”. If you prefer something a bit spicier, grab the HOT Rotel to dial it up.
Other kinds of Rotel tomatoes you can use with this dip are:
- Rotel with Serrano Peppers
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros
- Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- Seasoned Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
This cold corn dip recipe is also versatile and can be easily altered to include more robust ingredients like black beans, Fiesta corn, jalapenos and even chopped green and red peppers.
Fiesta Corn Dip
This foolproof fiesta corn dip is a party favorite (my friend Erica assured me!). Its a “can I have more” “Can I have that recipe” recipe that will sure to be eaten up. Plus its a great dip that can be made ahead of time and is perfect for a large holiday party!
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 green onions- chopped
- 2 cans of corn – drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 16 oz can Rotel (hot or lime jalapeno)
Crazy Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe
This corn dip is so good its crazy! When you need a full huge dip for lots of hungry people, this takes minutes to prep and is a great chunky salsa dip. I love how beautiful it looks and lets talk about that taste- wow! This is one dip that won’t be left after the party.
- Drain your Ingredients– Prior to making your dip, while easy, as a bit of prep. Make sure you drain out the corn really well so there isn’t excess moisture.
- Dump – Dump your chopped green onions, corn, and rotel in a bowl.
- Mix– Combine your sour cream and mayo, and mix into your veggies.
- Cheese it up– Now add 2 cups of cheese, but know that 3 is great as well. There isn’t a thing as too much extra cheese!
- Refrigerate – Refrigerate your dip for 4 hours prior to serving to allow the wet ingredients to solidify back together. If you mix and serve, its going to still be a little soupy. If you DO need to mix and serve immediately, simply add some more cheese to counter balance and make a little thicker.
- Enjoy – Cover and enjoy for up to 3 days
Also, there is enough dip here to feed like 20-30 people (depending on portions).
It’s easily the largest party dip I have ever made!
(picture below of dip is PRIOR to putting in fridge!)
Corn Dip Tips:
While this is technically a cold corn dip, this corn, sour cream and Rotel tomato mixture would also be amazing on Supreme Nachos or paired insider my sour cream enchiladas for a delicious dinner recipe. We plan on experimenting and publishing that at a later date, but you could try it now and I bet be pretty pleased with the results.
Serve your Corn Dip with
- Frito Scoops
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Pita Bread
- Bits of Flour Tortillas
Easy Dip Recipes
If you love this cold corn dip, you may also like my “Crack Corn Dip” a hot corn dip melted in the oven with cream cheese and chilis. These two dips are complimentary but very different. You can also try these other amazing Dips:
- Artichoke Spinach Dip in Crock Pot
- Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip
- All Star Beef Enchilada Dip
- Incredible Hot Caprese Dip with Melty Cheese
- Super Easy Pesto Dip and Sauce
- Sweet Christmas Cookie Dip
- Queso Blanco Dip without Velvetta
- Deviled Egg Spreadable Dip
- Knorr Dip without Artichokes
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa Veggie Dip
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 15 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 211Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g