Cream cheese crack dip is the perfect party snack! It’s easy to make, incredibly creamy, and flavorful, and it’s sure to be a hit with all your guests.
Plus, it requires minimal ingredients and can be made in minutes. Full of ranch flavors, cheddar, and bacon, this dip is the perfect snack for game nights, family gatherings, or a casual get-together.
Why you will love making World Famous Crack Dip!
Making World Famous Crack Dip is a great way to bring a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer to any gathering. The dip is incredibly versatile and can be made with various ingredients to suit any taste and is a perfect thick dip for chips!
This cream cheese dip’s cheesy, creamy texture and flavor will have your guests asking for more.
It’s also quick and easy to make and can be prepared in advance, which makes it perfect for busy weeknight meals or large gatherings. Best of all, it’s an inexpensive dish that can easily feed a crowd on Game Day!
- cream cheese softened
- sour cream
- dry ranch seasoning mix (also called ranch dressing mix)
- shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- cooked bacon, plus 1 tablespoon (about 1 slice) for topping
- chopped fresh parsley
- buttery crackers
Where did this Viral Dip Recipe come from?
While the term “crack” is used for many recipes, including corn dips and this crack chicken recipe, in general, it’s a link-bait term that implies a recipe is so good you can’t say no!
These particular dip ingredients came from TikTok creator @heykatien . See the full recipe video below.
Would we make Crack Dip again?
Yes, it’s delicious as sour cream, cream cheese, and ranch is expected to be. That being said, it’s really thick, so we thin it out with a bit of mayo.
Thinning it out would make it much easier to dip. As is, it’s best for thick toasts, bagel chips, or raw veggies like baby carrot sticks and celery sticks.
How to make TikTok Crack Dip
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch mix in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Fold in cups of cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of chopped bacon.
- Spoon mixture into a serving bowl and top with remaining shredded cheese, bacon, and chopped fresh parsley.
- We enjoy serving it with buttery crackers or thick potato chips.
- Store covered in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Please note that cream cheese re-solidifies in the fridge, and you may need to thin dip out once ready to eat again. See below our tips on that.
Various toppings for an award-winning crack dip: Real bacon bits, Green Onions, Jalapeño Peppers, green chilies, and a sprinkle of Cheddar Cheese.
Thinning out thick dips
- Add more liquid ingredients: This could be a small amount of milk or whipping cream.
- Add more of the other ingredients that are used to make bacon cheddar ranch dip: This could be sour cream, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, or a little real ranch dressing.
Classic Crack Dip: This classic dip is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, and of course, Ranch dressing. It is easy to make and tastes excellent served with chips, crackers, and vegetables.
BBQ Crack Dip: This perfect appetizer has all your favorite BBQ flavors. It is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, diced jalapenos, and Ranch dressing. It is the perfect accompaniment to chips and vegetables.
Mexican Crack Dip: This Mexican-inspired crack dip will surely be a hit at any party. It is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, black beans, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, and Mexican spices. Serve it with chips, crackers, and vegetables for a perfect party appetizer.
Buffalo Crack Dip: Add a bit of heat to your crack dip with this buffalo-style version. It consists of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, buffalo sauce, and Ranch dressing. Serve it with chips or crackers for a delicious snack.
Cracker types that go with dip recipes
- Saltine Crackers are thin, flat, and lightly salted crackers that are perfect for dipping.
- Pita Chips: These thin, crunchy chips are great for scooping chunky dips.
- Sesame Crackers: These crackers have a nutty, earthy flavor that complements creamy or spicy dips.
- Tortilla Chips: These chips are great, and you can buy flat ones or scoops to get the most out of your dip.
- Bagel Chips: These chips have a crunchy texture and a slightly sweet flavor that pair well with savory dips.
- Melba Toast: These thin and crunchy toasts are perfect for dipping into savory dips.
See all our new viral recipes here!