Great for game days, this Sausage Cream cheese dip is a step up from a regular queso dip recipe and stays totally creamy in the crockpot with smooth melting Velveeta.
The perfect appetizer for a crowd, this Chorizo dip can easily be made with ground beef, pork sausage, or even meat-free with black beans.
Why you will love making Slow Cooker Dip Recipes!
Set it and forget it – No one likes to hang around the stove or the fryer to get the perfect party snack (especially when there are lots of people around), and this dump-and-go recipe has minimal babysitting required.
Party Favorite – It is stressful trying to figure out what type of appetizer or dip for parties to serve. Everyone loves cheese, and when you cook it in a slow cooker, it stays warm and melty for the entire event.
- ground chorizo or hot sausage – This recipe requires the spicy sausage to be cooked and drained of excess grease. Grocery stores are kind of crazy again, and I couldn’t find chorizo, so I used hot sausage, made by Bob Evans, which comes in the roll.
- diced tomatoes with chilies
- package cream cheese, cubed
- Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese, cubed
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips or corn chips.
How to make Sausage Dip in Crockpot
- Add cooked ground sausage, tomatoes, chunks of cream cheese, and Velveeta cheese to a slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and turn on high.
- Stir with a wooden spoon after 30 minutes and again 30 minutes later.
- Chorizo dip should be ready in 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir well and serve with tortilla chips.
Chorizo Dip Recipe Tips
Prefer a meat-free party appetizer? Rinse off canned black beans and add to dip over sausage (or in addition to!). It is important to rinse the beans to prevent the cheese from turning an unsavory brown.
You can see a full (but varying) version of this in our Crock Pot Velveeta Cheese Dip recipe that includes beans.
This recipe has no additional seasonings in the crock pot, but seasoning the meat goes a long way in ultimate flavor. Some suggestions are to season with salt, black pepper, and minced garlic while cooking sausage.
Onion is totally optional, but dice and saute sweet onion, white onion, or yellow onion until slightly translucent and then dump into slow cooker.
Cheesy Clean Up Tip
For easy clean-up, use slow cooker liners. These are awesome because you can simply grab the liner and throw it in the trash – instantly clean crockpot and NO Cheese scraping!
While Chorizo Cheese Dip is usually a meal in and of itself, it’s always great to add an optional toppings bar when serving a crowd. Here are some of our favorite ideas that allow people to pile up the dip with filling favorites.
- Diced jalapeno peppers
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Green Chilies
- Green Onions
- Favorite Salsa
- Pour over refried beans for a heartier Mexican Chorizo dip!
Related Viral Dip Recipes
Looking for some sweet dessert dips to serve up? We suggest trying a Peanut Butter Apple Dip Recipe, this simple chocolate dip recipe, an indulgent cherry cheesecake dip recipe, and our viral Booty Dip Recipe.
Moving on to some of the most well-known and fan-favorite dip recipes on Salty Side Dish! Our readers have spoken and declared that this cranberry cream cheese dip recipe and cucumber dip recipe are the two most popular on the site.