4 Ingredient Chili Cheese dip with cream cheese and Wolf brand or canned Hormel chili is a simple stovetop, crockpot, or microwave dip that is ready when you are.
This “no bean” chili cheese dip with smooth cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes, is a super flavorful, quick appetizer dip that goes great with tortilla chips.
And while other dips like this oven baked Queso dip, crock pot cheeseburger dip, and super cheesy chicken Velveeta dip all have their plusses, one thing they cannot hold a candle to is the ease and no cooking of beef or chicken needed to enjoy this dip in under 10 minutes.
All this dip has simple and few ingredients, it’s also easy to add extra flavors like jalapenos, black beans, onions and so much more. Plus, topping with flavors like fresh Pico De Gallo before serving brightens the whole chip! And just so you know, there is no Velveeta needed for a creamy, cheesy, and easy dip recipe! This dip relies on the smoothness and thickness of cream cheese instead.
A note about heat: While there are fire-roasted green Chiles in this chili dip, I do not find that this dip is too spicy for everyone to enjoy.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions.
- 1 can of Chili with no Beans (Wolf Brand, Hormel Chili – (whatever your favorite brand is)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes – any flavor
- 4 oz. can Fire Roasted Green Chiles
- 8 oz. block Cream Cheese
How to make Stove Top Chili Cheese Dip
- Over medium-high heat, add cream cheese, can of chili, tomato can, and extra fire-roasted mild green Chiles in a saucepan or cast iron pan (as shown).
- Continuously heat the pan, stirring until all cream cheese is fully incorporated and dip is hot.
- Serve dip immediately.
To make Microwave Chili Cheese Dip
One thing to note in this particular set of instructions is if you are making chili cheese dip in the microwave, we recommend premixing the ingredients together first. Microwaves work a lot faster and blending it down seems to ensure even cooking and heat temperature.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together cream cheese, a can of chili (without beans, I used Wolf Brand), and Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chiles, as well as a drained can of fire-roasted.
- Use a hand mixer to break down the cream cheese really well before it goes into the microwave.
- This helps the dip heat faster and more evenly.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir, and then repeat until cream cheese is completely melted and dip is hot.
- This takes approximately 6 minutes, but be careful because most bowls heat up a lot faster than ingredients.
How to make Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip
Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker and heat on low for 2 hours, stirring to incorporate the cream cheese.
Related Dip Recipes
- Need a perfect party dip?
- This outstanding holiday dip recipe will have your guests saying WOW!
- If it’s a football dip recipe you are looking for, nothing says game day like the crockpot.
- Easy finger foods are a must not only for dipping but for sharing.
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Leave A Reply!