4 Ingredient Chili Cheese dip with cream cheese and Wolf brand or canned Hormel chili is a simple stove top, crock pot or microwave dip that is ready when you are.
This “no bean” chili cheese dip with smooth cream cheese and Rotel tomatoes, is a super flavorful, quick appetizer dip that goes great with tortilla chips.
And while other dips like this oven baked Queso dip, crock pot cheeseburger dip and super cheesy chicken Velveeta dip all have their plusses, one thing they cannot hold a candle too is the ease and no cooking of beef or chicken needed to enjoy this dip in under 10 minutes.
Chili Cheese Dip Ingredients
All this dip has simple and few ingredients, it’s also easy to add extra flavors like jalapenos, black beans, onions and so much more. Plus, topping with flavors like fresh Pico De Gallo before serving brightens the whole chip! And just so you know, there is no Velveeta needed for a creamy, cheesy, and easy dip recipe! This dip relies on the smooth and thickness of cream cheese instead.
A note about heat: While there are fire roasted green Chiles in this chili dip, I do not find that this dip is too spicy for everyone to enjoy.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions.
- 1 can of Chili with no Beans (Wolf Brand, Hormel Chili – (whatever your favorite brand is)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes – any flavor
- 4 oz. can Fire Roasted Green Chiles
- 8 oz. block Cream Cheese
How to make Stove Top Chili Cheese Dip
- Over medium high heat, add cream cheese, can of chili, tomato can, and extra fire roasted mild green Chiles in a sauce pan or cast iron pan (as shown).
- Continuously heat pan, stirring until all cream cheese is fully incorporated and dip is hot.
- Serve dip immediately.
To make Microwave Chili Cheese Dip
One thing to note in this particular set of instructions is if you are making chili cheese dip in the microwave, we recommend premixing the ingredients together first. Microwaves work a lot faster and blending it down seems to ensure even cooking and heat temperature.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together cream cheese, a can of chili (without beans, I used Wolf Brand) and Rotel Tomatoes with green Chiles, as well as a a drained can of fire roasted.
- Use a hand mixer to break down the cream cheese really well before it goes into microwave.
- This helps the dip heat faster and more evenly.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir, and then repeat until cream cheese is completely melted and dip is hot.
- This takes approximately 6 minutes, but be careful because most bowls heat up a lot faster than ingredients.
How to make Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip
- Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker and heat on low for 2 hours, stirring to incorporate cream cheese.
- 15 oz. can of Chili with no Beans (Wolf Brand Or Hormel Chili)
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes
- 4 oz. can Fire Roasted Green Chiles
- 8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
Chili and Cream Cheese Dip
To make Dip in microwave
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together cream cheese, can of chili (without beans, like Wolf Brand or Hormel), 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes with green Chiles, and one extra can of Fire Roasted Green chilis.
- Use a hand mixer to break down the cream cheese really well before it goes into microwave. This helps the dip heat faster and more evenly.
- Heat chili cheese dip in microwave for 1 minute, carefully take bowl out and stir, and then repeat until cream cheese is completely melted and dip is hot.
- This process takes approximately 6 minutes, but be careful because most bowls heat up a lot faster than ingredients.
To make Chili Dip over Stove
- Add all recipe ingredients including cream cheese, chilies, tomato, and extra fire roasted green Chiles into a bowl and mix well.
- Dump mixture into sauce pan.
- Continue heating dip on medium heat and stirring until all cream cheese is fully incorporated and dip is hot.
- Serve chili cheese dip immediately with Tortilla Chips
To make Chili Cream Cheese Dip in a Crockpot/Slow Cooker
- Add cream cheese, chili can, Rotel tomatoes, and extra fire roasted green chiles into a bowl and mix well.
- Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker and heat on low for 2 hours. Serve once melted and hot.
Serve Chili Dip with
- Tortilla Chips
- Pigs in a Blanket
- This dip recipe makes approximately 5 cups of dip. I accounted for 1/4th cup of dip typically eaten at a party, so serves 20. If you are going to eat a LOT of dip by yourself, you can adjust accordingly for nutritional values or what you need to serve up. 5 cups of dip is quite a bit and should work for most parties and crowds.
- You can simply dump all ingredients into the stove top pan or the slow cooker without combining if you prefer and stir as it melts. However, the microwave version should always be premixed to help ensure even cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.