The cool refreshing taste of cucumbers combined with the sweet and spicy homemade dressing pairs up to make the best Spicy Chinese Cucumber Salad.
With unique spiraled cucumbers, all drenched in the sauce, this side dish can be enjoyed alone or on rice for a full meal in minutes.
Why you will love making TikTok Cucumber Salad
Great Viral Recipe Option – A great deal of many amazing recipes from viral recipes! We love testing them out, and this salad is a unique and delicious option from TikTok. It’s so fun to test out new recipes that everyone is trying and put in the yay or nay!
Perfect Side Dish – Absolutely a great side dish or even a full no-meat dinner option, the beautiful spiral cut gives this cucumber salad recipe a one-of-a-kind crunch.
Did we enjoy this spicy Asian cucumber salad?
This was pretty good. Full disclosure, I dropped the bowl of cucumbers/sauce on the floor just before plating it! So there might be a little more sauce/juice in your final dish versus the photos.
This recipe has a sweet Asian flavor with a little kick of spice, but that could also be my white girl taste buds tasting the red chili pepper! Overall good. I like the crunch of the cucumber, too.
- Mini cucumbers
- Salad Dressing – Minced garlic, red chili peppers, sesame seeds, soy sauce (it doesn’t matter if you use low sodium or light soy sauce), rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame oil.
- White rice – Cooked and kept warm for serving.
How to cut Accordion Cucumbers (Spiral).
- Wash and dry cucumbers. Place cucumber between 2 chopsticks.
- Cut one side at a 45-degree angle.
- Flip the cucumber over and cut at a straight/90-degree angle.
- Keep the sticks tight to the cucumber so the knife stops at the sticks and doesn’t cut through the entire piece. I did cut off the cucumber ends, but you could leave them on.
How to make Chinese Cucumber Salad
- Place spiral accordion cucumber into a mixing bowl and repeat with remaining cucumbers.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except the rice, and whisk well.
- Pour spicy dressing over cucumbers and mix to evenly coat.
- Serve spicy cucumber salad on a bed of warm white rice.
Expert Salad Tips
- I think if you made this Chinese cucumber salad recipe ahead of time and marinated the cucumbers in the delicious sauce, it would also be really good.
- I added a teaspoon of all the ingredients into the salad, but you could double or even triple the measurements, and I think it would taste great, as well as provide extra sauce for the rice, too.
- These spicy cucumbers taste great on rice, but also on noodles, or simply eaten alone.
- Optional ingredients for cucumbers and rice: Green onions and pepper flakes make the perfect topping for an Asian cucumber salad recipe.
Related TikTok Salad Recipes
- This Green Goddess Salad Recipe is the salad of the year!
- No need to go to St. Augustine to try the infamous 1905 Columbia Restaurant Salad recipe.
- Say it with me – summer is for couscous and a hot girl salad recipe.
- Fresh Papaya and Strawberry salad is the combo you won’t stop thinking about.
- You will be fighting for the last bite of this Fiesta Corn Salad Recipe – Trust us!
- Move over strawberry pretzel salad – this Blueberry Jello Salad recipe is a summer holiday winner!
- TikTok has a few favorite viral salad recipes that everyone loves – but our favorites are this everything but the bagel salad recipe and the aptly named TikTok’s Favorite Salad.