Crockpot cheeseburger Queso dip is a hot dip recipe with seasoned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, and black beans. All melted into a powerfully cheesy “big game” ready dip, this crock pot cheeseburger dip is that it stays hot all day, making the perfect topper for homemade tortilla chips.
And this hearty cheese dip can sit on its own in a slow cooker, with very few steps and one pot to clean when the party is all done!
Cheeseburger Dip Ingredients
Truly one of my favorite dips, this will be your new favorite party staple as well. Slow cooker recipes are always a hit because they are simple to make and quite enjoyable.
Before getting started on this Velveeta cheeseburger dip, gather the following ingredients.
- 1lb Velveeta cheese – regular Original Velveeta cheese is totally fine but Velveeta also has Queso Blanco which is great too
- Rotel tomatoes – again, Rotel has a variety of flavors and its fine to get one with spice or jalapenos
- 1 lb. cooked, drained from grease and seasoned ground beef or ground sirloin
- black beans – drained and rinsed
- sour cream
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 green onions
- cooked bacon (optional, see text for more info)
- tortilla chips for serving
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip Recipe
While this original recipe doesn’t have any bacon, you can easily add bacon to the final products and create a crock pot bacon cheeseburger dip too! Because the dip melts so quickly, only add pre-made bacon to the dish or use to add directly as a topping. Bacon can be cooked using an Air Fryer quite easily while the dip is warming.
- Before moving onto the slow cooker, cook ground beef (or sirloin).
- Drain of any excess grease and season with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a crock pot, add cubes of Velveeta cheese, 1can of Rotel tomatoes, cooked beef, sour cream and taco seasoning packet and mix cheese dip well.
- Cover slow cooker with a lid and heat on high for 45 minutes to 2 hours, mixing about every 20 minutes to avoid hot spots in the cheese.
- There will be a variation in timing based on the crock pot size. Once everything is melted and creamy, move on to the next step.
- About 15 minutes prior to serving, add can of drained and rinsed black beans and mix.
- Continue heating dip for abut 15 minutes more to warm the beans through.
Add hot crockpot cheeseburger dip on top of Air Fried tortilla chips and eat while gooey and warm.
This will soon become one of the favorite party recipes with epic cheeseburger level deliciousness! Looking for more amazing dips? For more Killer dip recipes, do not forget to try this viral level and epic TikTok Queso Recipe!
- 1lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can, 10 oz. Rotel tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 package, 1.25 oz. taco seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- tortilla chips for serving
- Season and cook ground beef (or sirloin) on the stove top. Drain of an excess grease.
- In a crock pot, add cubes of Velveeta Cheese (original or Queso Blanco), 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes, all seasoned ground beef, sour cream and taco seasoning. Mix well together to spread seasonings amongst other ingredients.
- Place lid on crock pot and heat on HIGH for 45 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Smaller crock pots may need additional time to melt cheese, just continue stirring every 20 minutes until dip is melted and creamy.
- 15 minutes prior to serving, add a can of drained and rinsed black beans and continue to heat.
- Keep crock pot on low/warm for serving and keep cheese melted during a party.
- Combine with Tortilla Chips for the Ultimate Nacho Cheese Dip!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 999mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.