While we are no strangers to cold cream cheese jalapeno dip or jalapeno popper dip, this viral 5 ingredient green dip, closely related to Chuy’s jalapeno ranch dip, is the perfect dip, spread, and fluff to spice up EVERYTHING you eat.
Serve as a thick tortilla chip dip or thin out and use as dressing, but either way, this incredible dip is the magic sauce with the tangy flavor of your dreams.
This dip isn’t uncommon, and versions ranging from jalapeno fluff to copycat restaurant recipes exist out there. But we took our inspiration from TikTok creator @alittlebitanita.
Tons of comments include variations, including dill and added avocado, which all sound delicious. See the video recipe below
Changes we made to this recipe – We cut this appetizer recipe in half and added ranch. It’s ultimately thicker than the video, so it certainly is a dip vs. a creamy dressing you can pour.
If you want to turn a dip into a dressing, add a bit of base liquid such as olive oil, Greek yogurt, or mayonnaise.
Next, thin the dip with either lemon juice, white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or a creamy liquid like milk or heavy whipping cream until it reaches your desired consistency.
Once it is the desired consistency, your dip is now a dressing!
Our favorite way to turn this into more of a dressing is to add Mexican Crema or heavy whipping cream.
- whipped cream cheese
- sour cream
- dry ranch dressing mix
- fresh cilantro
- 4 fresh jalapenos, stems removed, sliced, and seeded
- juice of one lime
- tortilla chips for serving
What is whipped cream cheese?
Whipped cream cheese is a lighter and fluffier version of regular cream cheese. It is made with the same ingredients but whipped with air to give it a softer, smoother texture.
You can find it in a small container versus a block.
The air also makes it easier to spread than regular cream cheese, making it popular for dip recipes. The flavor is the same, but the texture is much different. Traditional cream cheese is a dense, creamy block.
How to make TikTok Green Dip.
- Add whipped cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, cilantro, jalapenos, and fresh lime juice to a high-speed blender.
- Blend ingredients together until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 4 cups of dip.
Blender vs. Food Processor
A food processor might work better for this. I had to help my blender with the mixing, but it was fine.
How to easily deseed a jalapeno.
- Cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise.
- Using a teaspoon or your fingers, scrape out the seeds and the white membrane from the inside of the jalapeno.
- Discard the seeds and membrane.
- Rinse the deseeded jalapeno and pat dry with a paper towel.
Why some people do not like fresh cilantro leaves.
Some people do not like fresh cilantro leaves because of their strong and pungent flavor. Some people find it too intense and assertive, and can even find it unpleasant and soapy.
Additionally, some people are genetically sensitive to the compounds found in cilantro, which can lead to an adverse reaction.
Serve Dip with
- Celery – Celery is a crunchy, low-calorie vegetable that perfectly matches a green dip. It is a great way to add a fresh and crunchy texture to the dip.
- Carrots are another crunchy vegetable that is an excellent green dip addition. They are also low in calories and add a nice sweetness that pairs well with the dip. You can see more veggies for dipping here.
- Tortilla Chips – Tortilla chips are a classic pairing for green dip. They are crunchy and salty, providing the perfect vessel for scooping the dip. Corn chips, Bootleg Doritos all work!
- Pretzels – Pretzels are a great option for dipping into green dip.
Lastly, serve this magic green sauce piled on fish tacos, walking tacos, or as a dipping sauce with taquitos.
Leave A Reply!