Unlock the secrets to the perfect Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole! Discover the flavor-packed ingredients and easy-to-follow steps to creating an unforgettable casserole that will have your family asking for seconds.
- fresh sweet potatoes
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
Crunchy Pecan Topping:
- brown sugar
- (optional) flaked sweet coconut
- chopped pecans
How to make Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole
Boil Sweet Potatoes – Peel and cube sweet potatoes and place into a large stock pot and fill with water, making sure there’s about 1″ of water above the potatoes.
Heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium and boil until potatoes are soft when a fork is inserted in them, about 20 minutes. Drain sweet potato cubes and return them to the pan.
Make and Assemble Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Add butter and sugar to sweet potato chunks and use a potato masher to mash.
- Add milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat well with a hand mixer until evenly combined and smooth.
- Spoon half of the sweet potato mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, spreading evenly. Set remaining aside.
- Mix brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and butter until the mixture is evenly coated and crumbly.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar topping mixture onto the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- Top with reserved sweet potatoes, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the sweet potato layer with the remaining pecan crumble topping.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through and the topping is lightly golden brown. Let sweet potato mash stand for a few minutes before serving.
What is Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole?
Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole is a classic casserole recipe dish that combines sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, and pecans to create a crunchy strudel-type topping. It’s the perfect side dish for any occasion but shines at a holiday meal as it feeds a large crowd.
The sweet potatoes are cooked until tender, then topped with a perfectly nutty, crunchy topping layer. The casserole is baked until the topping is golden and the sweet potatoes are soft and creamy.
What can I serve Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole with?
Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole is a great side dish for any meal and works exceptionally well as a Thanksgiving recipe. It pairs particularly well with roasted meats such as ham, beef, or chicken at the dinner table.
This side dish can also be served alongside other great side dishes such as roasted Brussels sprouts, diced green beans, or cranberry sauce. In fact, I call Sweet Potato Crunch Casserole the perfect potato side dish for any occasion.
Sweet Potato Recipes That Will Make Your Mouth Water
Sweet Potato Pie – Treat yourself to a slice of deliciousness and fall in love with sweet potato pie! This classic Southern dessert is full of flavor and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Enjoy the perfect blend of spices and warmth in every bite; you won’t be able to get enough!
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes – Make the Most of Your Air Fryer with Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes! Get ready for a tasty treat that’s easy to make and flavorful!
Learn how to create lightly crisp sweet potatoes using your air fryer – it’s a healthier alternative to traditional frying that will have your taste buds singing!
Connect with Us!