Here is a FREE download to help you understand the world of Ninja Foodi recipes – there is a lot of chatter online with simple acronyms that can make looking up recipes on social media (Specifically in FB groups) difficult to understand. If you are looking recipes, you will see these abbreviations online and this is how you interpret the recipes.
Ninja Foodi Acronyms Cheat Sheet
AF – AF stands for “Air Fryer”. In the Ninja Foodi, the AF is the same thing as the copyrighted branded “TenderCrisp” lid. This lid comes attached to your pot.
PC – PC stands for “Pressure Cooker.” To use the pressure cooker features on the Ninja Foodi, you will need the external Pressure Cooker lid that comes with your 9 in 1 and is not attached to your pot.
TC – TC stands for “Tender Crisp.” TenderCrisp is the same thing as the Air Fryer lid and is attached to the pot.
QR – Quick Release is where you move the valve from sealed to release so the steam can release quickly and stop cooking the food inside.
NR – Natural Release is where the valve stays sealed so the food continues to cook on pressure. Some recipes will request a natural release for a set amount of time and THEN a quick release.
PIP – PIP means that you are cooking food in a pot and that pot is placed inside the Ninja Foodi. Be careful that any time you add a pot to a pressure cooker that it meets all the requirements to not explode inside the PC. These are typically oven proof bowls that can handle high pressure heat. Plastic should not be added to a pressure cooker.
Here is a free downloadable sheet to print and add to your Ninja Foodi folder:
Beginner Ninja Foodi Recipes
Once you have the hang of your new all in one Foodi, make sure you try a few of these super easy recipes.
- Pressure Cooker Popcorn – Totally easy, less oily, and a lot of fun to watch, here is how you can use your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi to make delicious homemade popcorn in mere minutes.
- Ninja Foodi Boiled Eggs – Making hard boiled eggs in a Ninja Foodi (or any pressure cooker!) has never been easier. You won’t believe how simple it is to peel eggs that have been pressure cooked with no shell left behind.
- Ninja Foodi Artichokes – Pressure Cooker Artichokes! Learn how to pressure cook artichokes quickly, easily, and no fail with this recipe! Then dip the beautiful soft leaves into melted butter and mmm, mmm, good!
- Ninja Foodi Corn on the Cob – Did you know you can cook your corn on the cob in a pressure cooker and right in the husks? Once you discover how easy it is to make tender crisp corn on the cob without picking out the annoying little husk hairs, you will never go back.
- Ninja Foodi Bacon (air fryer) – There are so many ways to make bacon. From skillet to oven baked bacon, but my very favorite FULL PROOF crispy bacon is to make it int he Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
- Ninja Foodi Salmon – Air Fryer Salmon with Parmesan dill crust is done in 10 minutes in the Ninja Foodi! So delicious, with a Parmesan topping that browns up with NO breading needed, you won’t find an easier way to cook your salmon.
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings – Did you know that you can make perfect chicken wings right in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer? If you own an air fryer and haven’t experienced making marinated or seasoned wings in it yet – you are most definitely missing out.
- Ninja Foodi Whole Cauliflower – The Ninja Foodi all in one makes for an easy 3 minute pressure cooker time with a delicious air frying finish – smother in cheese sauce or simple eat right off the fork for a healthy, perfectly done side dish any time.