Did you know that you can make an entire package of bacon at once in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer?
Makin’ the Bacon
There are so many ways to make bacon. From skillet to oven baked bacon, but my very favorite FULL PROOF crispy bacon is to make it int he Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Truly easy, no bacon grease splatter, and the ability to crisp to exactly your bacon type, the Ninja Foodi has revolutionized the way I make breakfast for dinner around my house.
Now this is a super simple method but it works every time. Prior to doing it this way, I had tested out putting bacon over the air fryer sides, doing a few at a time, pretty much every “air fryer bacon method” out there.
And they all worked to an extent – but took WAY too long to get through the package. No more! Making air fryer bacon is probably the easiest thing you will do today – so no matter whether its early morning or you are waiting for a BLT, please never settle for precooked microwave bacon again!
Also to note- if you love working with a Ninja Foodi, and seriously who doesn’t, there is so many other awesome recipes to enjoy!
I have been experimenting with mine and trying to expand my recipes here on Salty Side Dish.
I realize I use it SO often but don’t blog it as often, so def changing that to share my favorites with all of you that need inspired.
You can try my pressure cooker popcorn (SO FUN!), air fryer Oreo beignets, husk on corn on the cob, easy ninja foodi hard boiled eggs, ninja foodi white chicken chili, and my very favorite side dish so far, pressure cooker red potatoes with Parmesan butter.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon
Incredibly easy with no special pots or products, Ninja Foodi bacon is the crispiest, easiest, and best bacon you will eat this week. Gone are the days where bacon requires time and standing over it to crisp up- this bacon method is so easy you can be having an entire plate just about 10 minutes from now.
Let’s get started on that bacon!
*links below may contain affiliate link to amazon
All you need to make the best bacon ever, which is also keto friendly and low carb, in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, is
- pack of bacon
- Ninja Foodi
BACON NOTE: I purchased Great Value Original Bacon, Naturally Hickory Smoked, 12 oz from Walmart. Its one of our favorite bacon packages.
Prepping the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
Please note that this is using the 6.5 quart Air Fryer.
As your bacon is cooking in the air fryer, bits of bacon grease will fall down to the pressure cooker bowl.
While you do not HAVE To do this, adding a piece of bread in the pressure cooker pan prior to adding the air fryer basket, helps soak up the extra grease.
Then when the bacon is done, just throw the bread (which should feel like toast at that point) out.
Air Fryer Bacon Method
After you have prepped the air fryer, peel each pieces of bacon from the package and using tongs, place in piles into the air fryer basket.
You can add approximately 12 – 14 slices of bacon, which is a standard package.
Close lid and set your Ninja Foodi to AIR FRYER, 390 Degrees and on 11 minutes.
At the 5 minute mark, OPEN THE FOODI and using tongs, rearrange the bacon.
It will NOT be done yet.
Close the lid and let continue cooking.
Around the 9 minute mark, check the bacon for YOUR level of doneness.
I like my bacon to be crispy, so I take it around between 11-12 minutes and place on plate.
Keep in mind that bacon is hot and will continue to cook just a tad, crisping up to the final level on a plate.
Your entire package of bacon will cook perfectly this way.
No need for special equipment at all.
Remember that bacon texture is a personal choice, so if you like a softer bacon, you may want to take out around 9 minutes.
Bacon isn’t done yet
In the case of an extra small air fryer (where bacon needs to be rotated more often) OR really thick bacon, you may need to add an additional 5 minutes to get your desired crisp level.
Get a Ninja Foodi
Do not have a Ninja Foodi yet? I LOVE mine. I bought an all in one steamer, air fryer, pressure cooker and slow cooker in one – eliminating my need for multiple kitchen items.
I have found that this machine products the best results in an instant and having tested the Instant Pot, Vortex, and the Ninja Foodi, I ADORE this machine.
Check out the specs and see if its a fit for you:
Make sure you check out my video and ask any questions below. Have another bacon method? I love to try new things, so please make sure to leave me a comment and tell me what works best in your home!
Ninja Foodi Crispy Bacon
- Package of Bacon - approx 12 oz
- Air Fryer Bacon Method
- Prep the air fryer by adding a piece of uncooked bread underneath the air fryer basket, but inside the pressure cooker basket. See article for example. This helps soak up the bacon grease as it drops from the Air Fryer pan. If you are using an Instant Pot instead of a Ninja Foodi, you can still use this method.
- After you have prepped the Ninja Foodi, peel each pieces of bacon from the package and using tongs, place in piles into the air fryer basket. You can add approximately 12 - 14 slices of bacon, which is a standard package. It is fine if the bacon overlaps and touches other pieces.
- Close air fryer lid and set your Ninja Foodi to AIR FRYER, 390 Degrees and on 11 minutes. Hit Start. The air fryer should instantly begin.
- At the 5 minute mark, OPEN THE FOODI and using tongs, rearrange the bacon. It will NOT be done yet.
- Close the lid and let continue cooking.
- Around the 9 minute mark, check the bacon for YOUR level of doneness. I like my bacon to be crispy, so I let cook and take it out around between 11-12 minutes and place on plate.
- Keep in mind that bacon is hot and will continue to cook just a tad even after removal from the basket, crisping up to the final level on a plate in a minute or two. Your entire package of bacon can be cooked at once.
- Remember that bacon texture is a personal choice, so if you like a softer bacon, you may want to take out around 9 minutes.
- Please see Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Bacon VIDEO to see how its done.