Skip the soggy pizza roll and take frozen pizza rolls into crispy pizza rolls in no time at all!
Using the air fryer to make up golden brown pizza bites provides the best results (aside from homemade pizza rolls of course). Not everyone has time to make a meal from scratch every night and personally, it can be overwhelming and exhausting.
The air fryer is one of my favorite ways to make mini pizza rolls and a true family favorite. Pizza rolls are incredibly delicious snacks and while having an easy homemade recipe might be in your future, the air fryer oven removes the need for a baking sheet, parchment paper, and tons of mess.
Why you will love the Air Fryer for Frozen Foods
No matter whether you have a Ninja Foodi or any other Air Fryer Brand, there is no doubt that the air fryer makes appetizers, snacks, and dinner incredibly easy. Keeping food crispy and crunch with warm hot centers is the main appeal of air fryer recipes Air fryers easily make chicken nuggets, leftover restaurant fries, and mozzarella sticks go from mushy and frozen to delicious in half the mess and half the time of traditional oven baking.
No homemade dough, pizza cheese, or deep frying (or homemade pizza rolls at all) needed to get started on school night quick meals. Simply grab your favorite frozen pizza rolls from the grocery store (we like Totino’s pizza rolls) and your favorite dipping sauce (highly recommend pizza or marinara sauce) and get ready to eat!
Avoiding the Burst in Air Fryers
It is important to find an air fryer pizza roll recipe that has been tested (and ours has) to avoid the huge burst of inner contents coming out of the size of the shell. This can happen with other foods like air fryer mozzarella sticks as well and no one wants an empty shell and a gooey sauce all over the air fryer basket.
Please see below what cooking time and temperature are for the best way to cook pizza rolls.
How to make Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
The air fryer that is used in this recipe for frozen Totino’s pizza rolls is the Ninja Foodi. The Ninja Foodi refers to an air fryer basket as an air crisp basket but means the same when reading instructions. As a side note, any other brand of Air Fryer may be used (for example, the Cosori Air Fryer is also popular) for this and any other of my easy air fryer recipes here on salty side dish.
Expert Tips and Recipe Variations
Frozen Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza Rolls: Totino’s 24-ounce package has 50 rolls and 1 serving is 6 rolls. The Ninja Foodi air fryer basket will fit approximately 18 pizza rolls in a layer but other larger air fryer trays may fit more and smaller, less.
My very favorite way to eat these delicious appetizers is to take the crispy air fryer pizza rolls and smother them in butter, garlic, and parmesan as we did in the Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls recipe. You can also just sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder or extra toppings, like a bit of shredded cheese, to dial up the dish.
How to make Frozen Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
- Place pizza rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You do not need any oil mister or spray.
- Heat for cook time of 5-6 minutes at 360 degrees. While you can cook a bit longer for an even crispier shell and super crunchy pizza rolls , you must check at the minute mark as pizza rolls will overheat and begin to burst thick tomato sauce at a point. The same thing happens with mozzarella cheese when you overcook mozzarella sticks in the Air Fryer. Repeat in batches until desired amount of air fryer frozen pizza rolls are complete.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce like extra pizza sauce, ranch dressing, or marinara. While air fried pizza rolls are great on their own, having a sauce for dipping brings them to the next level.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and reheat to enjoy this tasty snack all over again.
RELATED AIR FRYER RECIPES
There are so many ways to enjoy air fryer models like the Ninja Foodi!
They make life easy (and cleaner in the kitchen) whether you are choosing something homemade like like Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese, working on a rich air fryer appetizer like tiktok air fryer babybel cheese or making holidays easier with traditional recipes like ninja foodi corn casserole.
Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer (Frozen to Crispy)
- 24 oz, Totino's Frozen Pizza rolls 24 ounce package has 50 rolls
- Dipping sauce: Marina Pizza Sauce or Ranch
- Preheat Ninja Foodi Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 360 degrees with air fryer basket inside.
- Place FROZEN pizza rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Heat frozen pizza rolls for 5-6 minutes at 360 degrees. Start checking at the minute mark any minute after if you have a level of crunch you prefer. However note that if you overcook, they will burst tomato sauce out the side. The 5 minute mark as suggested does not burst the pizza rolls.
- Serve pizza rolls immediately while hot with a dipping sauce like extra pizza sauce, marinara (as shown), or ranch dressing.
- Its important to note when making frozen foods like pizza rolls and mozzarella sticks that the inside is HOT. Remove with tongs from air fryer to avoid the heat/burns.
- The air fryer basket with the ninja foodi holds approximately 18 pizza rolls in a single line, which is enough for 3 servings. Other air fryers may have different parameters.
- Serve with ranch, pizza sauce, or marinara.
- PREHEAT the air fryer.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.