If you haven’t tried Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls, this viral recipe is one you will want to stop and make RIGHT NOW. Recently Totino’s pizza rolls posted this recipe, a true game changer, in taking regular addicting pizza rolls and upping the game by smothering them in garlic and cheese.
After they made the rounds online, I just HAD to try them! I think what this TikTok Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls recipe has taught me is that even frozen foods can be driven to homemade taste with a few ingredient changes.
I have full intentions on testing this TikTok hack with frozen mozzarella sticks and frozen fish sticks as well! These next level, buzz worthy, incredibly updated and upgraded pizza roll makes college food bearable again.
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls are the newest trend on TikTok. Once you try them, you’ll understand why!
There’s one thing that makes it all the tastier, though, and recently it was shared by Totino’s, the pizza roll makers themselves, via TikTok. The trick? Tossing your pizza rolls in garlic butter and then sprinkling on parmesan cheese. Sometimes, I curse the internet.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE pizza. Actually, I DO know about you, because, honestly, who doesn’t? The only thing that makes pizza better is shrinking it down to bite-sized pieces. Pop a pizza roll and enjoy all the cheesy, savory goodness that you craved as a kid.
This time, all I can say is “Thank You!”.
These Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls don’t have to just be a lunchtime staple, either.
Make these for your next dinner party as a finger food and skip the pre-party scramble. Better yet, bust these bad boys out for Game Night, but make sure you have enough stock in your freezer ‘cause they will go quick!
What spices work best?
Even though this recipe calls for basil, if you don’t have it there are a couple other spice options you can use. Parsley works really well on these Garlic Pizza rolls, as does oregano, and neither has to be fresh.
My husband LOVES putting hot chili flakes on his pizza, so pizza rolls are no different! If you only have Italian Seasoning on hand, use that (we’re not fancy around here). It will be a blend of these spices and works equally well!
For the original recipe, here is what we used:
- 18-20 Frozen pizza rolls, keep frozen
- Vegetable oil for frying
- minced garlic
- Dry basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Air Fryer Instructions
While we changed it up and fried our pizza rolls, lucky for you, you can make Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer!
Turn the temperature to 380 degrees F and cook your pizza rolls for 6-8 minutes. I know they look awesome, but trust me, give them a minute or two to cool slightly before popping them in your mouth! Once the pizza rolls are good and cooked, just move on to adding all the other spices.
The air fryer has some added benefits to other conventional cooking methods like microwaves or ovens for heating and reheating foods.
Time– Because you don’t have to wait for the oven to preheat, the air fryer is definitely a time-saver! Plus, cooking with an air fryer usually takes less cooking time than a conventional oven!
Texture– Microwaves are GREAT reheating certain foods, but fall short when it comes to reheating anything fried. The air fryer is the best option I’ve found for returning the crispiness to fries, tots, and (of course) pizza rolls!
Health– Since cooking with an air fryer doesn’t require any additional oil, it can be a much healthier way of heating up your food.
Oil Frying Instructions
While Totino’s and many other videos went with the Air Fryer method, we are old school around here and decided to FRY ours. You can, of course, go with the original Air Fried or microwave methods.
As long as your Totino’s pizza rolls are cooked, all is well.
Frying provides perfectly crispy and golden outsides while keeping the pizza centers soft and tender.
Dips that Pair Well
If you are looking for new ways to spice up your next batch of pizza rolls, try out one of these:
- Jalapeno Popper Dip: bacon, cream cheese and parmesan- need I say more?
- Queso Dip, Bean Dip, or Enchilada Dip: these dips make for a Mexican-Inspired Pizza Snack.
- Chili Cheese Dip: for the quick turn-around, this can be made in just under 10 minutes!
- Ranch Dip: skip the dressing and make the good stuff from scratch in as much time as it takes to cook your next batch of Parmesan Pizza Rolls!
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls (TikTok)
- 18-20 Frozen pizza rolls - keep frozen
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Dry basil - to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese - to taste- generous
- Pour enough vegetable oil in pan to submerge pizza rolls. This level will vary depending on the type of pan you use, but we use a sauce pan.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat until ready to fry.
- Deep fry pizza rolls in oil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess grease on paper towel.
- Once grease is drained, add cooked pizza rolls into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine melted butter and minced garlic and stir.
- Drizzle garlic butter over fried pizza rolls and stir to coat all sides.
- Generously smother pizza rolls with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit of dried basil or parsley seasoning.
- Mix well one more time (spatula works well).
- Serve Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls immediately, while hot and crispy.