If you haven’t tried Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls, this viral recipe is one you will want to stop and make RIGHT NOW.
Recently Totino’s pizza rolls posted this recipe, a true game-changer, in taking regular addicting pizza rolls and upping the game by smothering them in garlic and cheese.
Why you will love making this Pizza Rolls Recipe
Viral Sensation – After they made the rounds online, I just HAD to try them!
This TikTok Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls recipe (see the full video here) has taught me that even frozen foods can be driven to homemade taste with a few ingredient changes.
I have full intentions of testing this TikTok tasty snack hack with frozen mozzarella sticks and frozen fish sticks as well! These next-level, buzz-worthy, incredibly updated, upgraded pizza rolls make college food bearable again.
Why you will love TikTok Pizza Rolls
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls are the newest trend on TikTok. Once you try them, you’ll understand why!
So Much Flavor – There’s one thing that makes it all the tastier, though, and recently it was shared by Totino’s, the pizza roll makers themselves, via TikTok. The trick? Tossing your pizza rolls in garlic butter and then sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Sometimes, I curse the internet.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE pizza.
Actually, I DO know about you because, honestly, who doesn’t? The only thing that makes pizza better is shrinking it down to bite-sized pieces. Pop a pizza roll and enjoy all the cheesy, savory goodness that you craved as a kid.
This time, all I can say is “Thank You!”.
Perfect for Lunch – These Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls don’t have to be a lunchtime staple, either.
Make these as finger food for your next dinner party and skip the pre-party scramble. Better yet, bust these bad boys out for Game Night, but make sure you have enough stock in your freezer because they will go quick!
For the original TikTok Recipe, here is what we used:
- Totino’s frozen pizza rolls (keep frozen)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Garlic Parmesan Butter – Need butter, minced garlic, dry basil, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dipping Sauce
Oil Frying Instructions
While Totino’s and many other videos went with the Air Fryer Recipe method, we are old school around here and decided to oil FRY ours. You can, of course, go with the original Air Fried or simple microwave methods.
As long as the Totino’s pizza rolls are cooked, all is well.
Frying provides perfectly crispy pizza rolls with perfect golden outsides while keeping the pizza centers soft and tender.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls
- Pour enough vegetable oil into the pan to submerge the pizza rolls. This level will vary depending on the pan you use, but we use a saucepan.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until ready to fry. Deep fry pizza rolls in oil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess grease on a paper towel.
- Once the grease is drained, add cooked pizza rolls into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine melted butter and minced garlic and stir.
- Drizzle garlic butter over fried pizza rolls and stir to coat all sides.
- Generously smother pizza rolls with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit of dried basil or parsley seasoning.
- Mix well one more time (a spatula works well).
- Serve Parmesan Garlic Pizza Rolls immediately, while hot and crispy, with a size of pizza sauce to dip in.
Air Fryer Pizza Roll Instructions
While we changed it up and fried our pizza rolls, lucky for you, you can make Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer! Head to our full recipe here or check below.
- Turn the temperature to 380 degrees F in Air Fryer.
- Add a single layer of pepperoni pizza rolls to the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 minutes. I know they look fantastic, but trust me, give them a minute or two to cool slightly before popping them in your mouth because that filling is hot!
- Once the pizza rolls are good and cooked, add the butter and parmesan mixture as written.
Why use an Air Fryer?
The air fryer has added benefits to other conventional cooking methods like microwaves or ovens for heating and reheating foods like leftover pizza rolls.
However, we still prefer deep-fried pizza rolls, producing the most delicious crispy pizza roll’s outer shells.
Time– Because you don’t have to wait for the oven to preheat, the air fryer is a time-saver! Plus, cooking with an air fryer usually takes less cooking time than a conventional oven!
Texture– Microwaves are GREAT for reheating certain foods but fall short when reheating anything fried. The air fryer is the best option I’ve found for returning the crispiness to fries, tots, and (of course) pizza rolls!
Health– Since cooking with an air fryer doesn’t require any additional oil, it can be a much healthier way of heating your food.
What spices work best?
Even though this recipe calls for basil, if you don’t have it, you can use a couple of other spice options. Parsley works well on these Garlic Pizza rolls, as does oregano, and neither has to be fresh.
My husband LOVES putting hot chili flakes on his pizza, so pizza rolls are no different! If you only have Italian Seasoning on hand, use that (we’re not fancy around here). It will be a blend of these spices and works equally well!
Dips that Pair Well
If you are looking for new ways to spice up your next batch of pizza rolls, try out one of these:
- Jalapeno Popper Dip: bacon, cream cheese, and parmesan- need I say more?
- Queso Dip, Bean Dip, or Enchilada Dip: these dips make for a Mexican-Inspired Pizza Snack.
- Chili Cheese Dip: This can be made in just under 10 minutes for a quick turnaround!
- Ranch Dip: skip the dressing and make the good stuff from scratch in as much time as it takes to cook your next batch of Parmesan Pizza Rolls!
- Other dipping sauces are marinara sauce, cheese sauce, copycat Cane’s sauce, or extra pizza sauce.
Related Air Fryer Recipes
If you’re craving the taste of your childhood, try these recipes next! I’ve starred the ones that can be cooked in the air fryer (doesn’t it make things SO much easier?!)
- Cook frozen Fish Sticks in the air fryer for a quick crunchy snack!
- Mozzarella Sticks are great any time of the day and can be made with frozen sticks or homemade – for example, try out making this homemade Dorito Mozzarella Stick Recipe!
- Corn Dogs are a throwback to everyone’s childhood.
- While homemade chicken fingers with real chicken breasts are always going to be the best, it’s stunning how delicious making these copycat Mcdonald’s Chicken Nuggets Recipe is!
Connect with Us!