Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites are juice, tender, and so so quick to make. These TikTok Viral Steak bites smothered in melted garlic butter are the weeknight dinner of your dreams. Ready in as little as 10 minutes, sirloin keeps the cost down while still providing a super tender bite after bite.
No matter whether it’s a party snack or full-on meal, the flavor of a steakhouse is just within your reach.
- beef sirloin steak– Sirloin or sirloin strip is a great choice when it comes to Air Frying steak. Strip tends to be one of the least expensive, making it more family-friendly, and staying nice and tender. While you may have only seen thinner cuts of strip at local stores, if you visit a meat counter at places like Fresh Market, they usually have super thick sirloin worth every extra penny. One $10 strip there can feed my family of four.
- vegetable oil – Not all oils are interchangeable. For example, olive oil cannot handle the high smoke points that steaks need to cook well, so it’s not a great choice. Mild flavor vegetable oil is always the best choice.
- Worcestershire sauce – Worcestershire sauce is a blend of vinegar, anchovies, molasses, and other seasonings to really bring out the flavor of beef.
- Seasonings: Seasonings are largely a choice, but in this garlic butter bite recipe, we tested dry steak seasoning, dry chives, and salt & ground black pepper. We always try the recipe as is unless there is a glaring cooking mistake – in this case, dry chives are not my favorite and one change I would make is to use fresh chives over dried any day.
- Garlic Butter: The two things needed for a simple garlic butter are minced garlic and butter! Because this is a dip and is not being used to pre-coat steak for cooking, it’s fine to use minced garlic. Minced garlic covers great as a dip. If garlic bulbs or garlic cloves are all you have, try this TikTok roasted garlic recipe and mix that with butter.
Where did TikTok Steak Bites come from?
Garlic steak bites have dominated the food community for a pretty long time. And for most household cooks, this recipe comes by nature.
However, we were inspired to try the air fryer steak bites version when we saw a TikTok video by @lowcarbstateofmind and encourage you to find and test her recipes yourself.
How to make TikTok Garlic Butter Steak Bites
This TikTok sirloin steak air fryer recipe is a great way to make a quick and delicious lunch or dinner.
- Cut steak into 1″ cubes.
- Mix together oil, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, chives, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Add steak cubes and toss well to evenly coat.
- Add steak to the foodie basket in a single layer.
- Heat on Air Crisp (or Air Fry for other brands) for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter and minced garlic.
- When the bite-size pieces of steak are done cooking, immediately dredge in garlic butter and serve.
Ninja Foodi Steak Doneness Tips
The 7 minute cooking time in the Foodi was perfect for me. Just slightly pink. Might be more medium-well vs medium, so you will have to cook these to their liking. I’d say try 4-5 minutes for medium, checking if necessary.
These steak pieces are good and easy to make! No preheating was used, so if you make this in batches, maybe knock 1-2 minutes off of your cooking time.
What cuts of steak go great in the Air Fryer?
Cuts of beer are largely the opinion of the person eating the food, but steak favorites of mine are well cuts of sirloin (they stay tender), Filet, Ribeye, and NY Strip steak. We keep more Ninja Foodi Recipes on our side dish blog.
Are garlic butter steak bites Keto Friendly?
The best thing about steak and seasoning is that its low carb and keto! Yes, garlic butter steak bites ARE keto-friendly.
Is the cast iron skillet or air fryer a better choice for steak?
There really is no best or better choice when it comes to cooking delicious steak. As long as it’s cooked to your liking, the Ninja Foodi (or any Air Fryer brand), grill, flat top grill, oven, or stove all make great choices to cook juicy and tender cuts of beef.
Why Garlic Butter just Makes Sense
Garlic butter uses the fat content and delicious flavor of butter. Combined with garlic and other seasonings, drenching bits of sirloin bites are just perfection. While we like to keep the whole idea simple with limited seasonings, feel free to experiment with fresh rosemary, thyme, pepper flakes oregano, or fresh parsley leaves.
What side dishes go well with steak bites?
Just about any oven-cooked vegetables, a crazy good potato side dish (mashed potatoes or steak fries), and a side of bread or rolls go well with steak.
How to store leftover steak As always, any leftover food goes into an airtight container for up to a few days. I’ll be honest that I personally do not like to reheat chicken or beef because no matter what cooking method is used to warm it, it usually cooks is past the doneness I enjoy eating. And with small bite-sized pieces, it’s quick to go from medium to well done. Cold pieces of steak, however, go great when thrown into some scrambled eggs or on a salad.
Related TikTok Viral Recipes
Looking for more incredible viral dinner recipes?
- Try TikTok Broccoli Soup, which is not only the best broccoli soup recipe ever, but is just so darn worth it.
- Want about the easiest thing you can make tonight? You haven’t known easy until you make TikTok crispy tortilla pizza.
- TikTok Slow Cooker Crack Chicken….yes, please!
- Super famous, TikTok Feta Pasta was 2021’s most viral recipe!