Super Crispy, crunchy parmesan potatoes are an easy side dish made for one or made for everyone! These delicious crunchy bite-sized and golden brown potatoes became TikTok famous – and for a good reason.
After several tests, here is the perfect potato recipe to recreate this TikTok recipe without mistakes in your kitchen!
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
These little Crispy Parmesan Potatoes are delicious – with bite after bite, there will be NO leftover potatoes here.
Why this viral side dish is worth testing
We are no strangers to the potato. From smashed potatoes to french fries, potatoes remain supreme for a perfect viral side dish recipe. Initially, when we saw this TikTok Video, we thought EASY PEASY. But it took a few tries to get it as perfect as the original viral video. If you are having trouble, follow long.
Parmesan and potato pair to be the most delicious combination. Serve alongside a viral dinner, and voila! Easy, delicious, and super fun cooking, potato side dishes go with EVERYTHING! This recipe was originally shared by @PoppyCooks.We loved it so much we wanted to test it and share it with you!
- Russet potatoes – Wash the potatoes and cut them into 1/2″ cubes. There is no need to peel the skin off of the potatoes.
- Vegetable oil – Some oils are interchangeable, but using vegetable oil is essential due to how long and high the heat is. Other oils, like olive oil, do not have as high a smoke point.
- Garlic salt – I love the combination and full flavor of garlic salt in a dish. Because this has garlic salt, you won’t generally need additional kosher salt, but a little black pepper might be delicious. If you do not have garlic salt, combine garlic powder with salt.
- Parmesan cheese – Nothing says love more than cheese! Use as much grated or shredded Parmesan cheese as your heart desires.
- Chopped fresh parsley – Believe it or not, fresh parsley and even fresh chives are not just for color but help potatoes taste so fresh.
How to make TikTok Famous Crispy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
We recommend using an aluminum baking pan for this dish.
Tip: The smaller these potatoes are cut down, the quicker they cook and the easier to get all sides with that crispy golden brown flavor. However, do not go TOO tiny or you lose the density and soft delicious center that a russet potato has.
- Add cut potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with water, making sure it’s 1″ above the potatoes. Heat saucepan over medium-high and boil until potatoes are soft and tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to an 8×8 baking dish and place into the oven. Turn on the oven and preheat to 450.
- Remove pan with oil from the oven and CAREFULLY pour potatoes into the dish. Potatoes can splash hot oil, so use caution. It may work easier to spoon potatoes into the dish versus dumping.
- Gently toss potatoes to coat in oil, so all potatoes are covered. Make sure potatoes are in a single layer and not piled high.
- Place pan back into the oven for 40-50 minutes, tossing halfway through to flip sides and get crispy and crunchy.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, top with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese mixture, and mix well. Add to a bowl and top with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Serve Potatoes with
- Steak! Baked potatoes are not the only potato that goes well with beef. Serve up Air Fryer Steak Bites for a complementary meal.
- Need another side dish to pair? Add TikTok’s Favorite Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad recipe.
- Might not be the same as chicken tenders and fries, but nothing wrong with a little TikTok Nashville Hot Chicken Tenders and a side of these crispy bite-sized taters.
- Bring some spice into your side dish life with Fiesta Jalapeno Corn Casserole.
Leave A Reply!