A super easy slow cooker meal, TikTok Crack chicken is a one-pot and done shredded chicken with only a few tasty ingredients.
Filling, this combination of cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dry ranch dressing mix is just as good as a dip as it is for a weeknight dinner.
Why you will love this Crockpot Chicken Recipe
Easy. So So easy. – Because crackpots rule! There is nothing better than a delicious viral dinner that doesn’t require much work, and this recipe is just that—creamy and filling chicken.
Simple ingredients – Chances are you have most of the ingredients for crack chicken in your home now. There is nothing better than simple ingredients for a simple recipe that everyone loves.
- chicken breasts – Boneless, skinless, and defrosted chicken breasts. You do not want to use frozen breasts as they leak a lot of water into slow cooker dishes.
- Philadephia cream cheese – Break down the block of cream cheese so its cubed and covers the entire slow cooker.
- cheddar cheese – The most common cheese used is shredded cheddar cheese.
- dry ranch dressing – A tip for ranch dressing is to get the jarred seasoning can. While it costs more than the smaller packets, it lasts a long time and is great for not only making creamy ranch dressing but using ranch spices in a ton of recipes.
- toppings – We suggest crispy cooked bacon freshly sliced green onions.
- egg noodles – We served our crack chicken recipe on top of pasta egg noodles. See other suggestions below on how to serve crack chicken.
Where did Crack Chicken come from?
As a professional food blogger, you may be disappointed to know that the origination of crack chicken didn’t start on TikTok. This slow cooker recipe has been around a long time but made rounds again on the newest (and most fun) social media, TikTok.
We have seen it appear all over our FYP – here is one such video showing the immense popularity of this timeless meal with over 2.4 million hearts from user @baiduncan.
This recipe was originally shared by @baiduncan Crack Chicken TikTok. We loved it so much we wanted to add our own twist and share it with you!
How to make TikTok Crack Chicken
- Grease a slow cooker (crock pot) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add chicken breast to the bottom of the crock. Add chicken stock or water.
- Top chicken with cubed cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until chicken is fall apart tender.
- When cooking is complete, use two forks to shred the chicken and mix up the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve on top of cooked noodles topped with bacon and green onions.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Is TikTok Slow Cooker Crack Chicken any good?
This is one TikTok recipe that told no lies. Ranch seasoning mix and skinless chicken breasts make some of the best family-friendly meals ever.
While you could add more flavor with onion powder, garlic powder, or different kinds of cheese, this dish is budget-friendly and great for potluck parties: delicious flavors and all-around solid recipe.
What is the best way to serve this chicken dish?
This chicken is best served with egg noodles (as shown), over rice, or even on open-faced and toasted French bread. This chicken is versatile for various lunch and dinner meals, no matter how you serve it.
- Hamburger bun, slider buns or sandwich rolls
- Lettuce wrap or salad
- Jasmine rice
- Ritz crackers
- topping for a baked potato
- zucchini noodles
- tiktok air fryer pita chips
Why is it called “crack” chicken?
Let me be clear that viral recipes didn’t name it that. But the idea behind the name is that this recipe is “addicting.”
Can crack chicken be doubled?
Yes, this recipe can be doubled relatively quickly in the slow cooker.
Is crack chicken keto-friendly?
Yes, it is! If you do not add it to bread or pasta, this is a keto chicken recipe. It would be delicious in a lettuce wrap to keep it much healthier. Add a bit of crispy bacon for extra flavor and crunch.
Is there a way to make this creamy crack chicken recipe quicker?
Sure! Combine pre-made rotisserie chicken and all ingredients on the stovetop, and slowly melt cream cheese and cheese down until combined. Stir to prevent burning, and then serve.
- Make your very own Flamin’ hot cheeto chicken as seen on TikTok but right at home.
- Serve crack chicken with TikTok’s Favorite Salad Recipe.
- Did you know that you can make tortilla pizza from flour tortillas? Talk about an easy dinner.
- Nothing says comforting and hearty more than tiktok broccoli soup.
- Oh yaasss, the infamous TikTok Ramen with the egg. WOW!
- Creamy flavorful and full of incredible taste, the best Tiktok Feta Pasta yet.
- You havent had the best baked ziti recipe until you have tried with Ricotta.
- This Nashville Hot Chicken Recipe with tenders is incredible for spicy food lovers.