Upgrade your usual side dishes with Alfredo Potatoes, the latest viral recipe from TikTok! Easy to make and delicious, these creamy potatoes are perfect for impressing everyone at your table. Whether it’s a family dinner or a special occasion, this potato recipe will turn heads.
Get ready to mix simple ingredients like heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and baking potatoes into an amazing dish that’s full of flavor.
The Alfredo Potato Recipe Craze
Who Created This Viral Sensation?
TikTok’s Culinary Innovator: The Alfredo Potatoes recipe originated from the creative kitchen of TikTok creator @executivechefchuck. Watching the video provides the method, tips, and tricks directly from the creator.
Our Verdict: After trying this recipe, we can confidently say that these Alfredo potatoes are delicious. So good! We will be adding this side dish recipe to our own Thanksgiving recipe menu in 2023!
Alfredo Potatoes 💥 For the sauce: 1/4 cup minced garlic 4 tablespoon unsalted butter 2 cups heavy cream 1.5 cups parmesan-Reggiano cheese Pinch of fresh-grated nutmeg 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt Enjoy! 👨🍳😋❤️ #tiktok #fyp #foryourpage #foryou #potato #potatoes #tiktokpotatoes #potatotiktok #food #foodie #foodies #chef #cheflife #yum #yummy #love #friends 👏♬ original sound – Chef Chaz
- Russet potatoes, cut into 1″ chunks
- Butter, Minced garlic, and Heavy whipping cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Ground black pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- Fresh parsley (optional for serving)
How to prep potatoes
Rinse potatoes and cut them into uniform 1-inch chunks. It’s essential to keep each potato piece similar in size for even cooking. There is no need to remove potato skin.
How to make Alfredo Potatoes
Cooking Instructions: Step-by-Step
Transform your ordinary potatoes into something extraordinary with this TikTok-famous Alfredo Potatoes recipe. This unique recipe is perfect for any occasion, with potato lovers raving about its creamy texture and amazing flavor.
It’s the perfect side dish to add a gourmet touch to your meals! Let’s get started.
Prepping the potatoes:
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water (2 inches above the potatoes).
- Bring to a boil, cook until tender, then drain.
Roasting for Perfection:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Toss the potatoes with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 30–40 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
Layering the dish:
- Transfer potatoes to a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with most of the Parmesan cheese, reserving some for the sauce.
Creating the Alfredo Sauce:
- Combine garlic, butter, whipping cream, remaining Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a skillet.
- Heat until it starts to boil, then simmer for 1 minute before removing from heat.
Baking to Perfection:
- Pour the cheesy Alfredo sauce over the potatoes in the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the creamy sauce and cooked potatoes are bubbly and hot.
Customize Hearty Alfredo Potatoes: Variations to Suit Every Taste
- Experiment with toppings: Add crumbled bacon, chives, or a sprinkle of extra Parmesan cheese for added texture and flavor.
- Vegetarian Options: Add grilled vegetables (like broccoli) or sliced mushrooms for a hearty vegetarian twist.
- Add a Protein Twist: Add cooked sausage or cubed leftover Christmas ham to the baking dish for heartiness.
- Spice it up: A dash of cayenne or red pepper can add a nice kick for those who like it hot.
Mastering the Perfect Creamy Texture: Tips and Tricks
Choosing the Right Potatoes: Opt for russet or Yukon gold potatoes for the best creamy potato recipe texture.
Creamy Consistency: Use full-fat heavy cream for a rich sauce.
Cheese Matters: Freshly grated Parmesan melts better and offers a superior flavor to pre-shredded varieties.
Serving and Pairing Ideas: Making the Most of Your Dish
Perfect for Holidays: This is an excellent choice for Thanksgiving or Christmas, offering a unique and exciting alternative to traditional holiday sides.
Make-Ahead Strategy: Prepare the dish a day in advance and reheat it in the oven for stress-free hosting.
Complementary delicious side dishes: Delicious potatoes go with everything, so there is no wrong turn here, but vegetables like asparagus or broccoli keep the plate lighter. Of course, a salad always works too.
Top Potato Sides for an Unforgettable Thanksgiving
Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole: A traditional sweet potato casserole made in the crockpot with delicious melted marshmallows and that amazing brown sugar taste everyone loves.
Crockpot Potatoes and Onions: Tender red potatoes and onions are a great slow-cooked holiday side dish.