Dive into the comforting embrace of our Ultimate Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole. This baked dish masterfully combines creamy textures and robust flavors, making it a perfect centerpiece for family dinners or cozy gatherings.
Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- This recipe is perfect if you have leftover chicken!
- Cream Cheese, softened.
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Cooked and Cubed Shredded Chicken
- Cooked and Drained Fettuccine Pasta
- seasonings: Minced Garlic, Dried Parsley, Italian Seasoning, and Ground Black Pepper
- Cheese: Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Add 1 lb. of Fettuccine Pasta and cook until it’s just under al dente, about 1-2 minutes less than the package instructions suggest. This prevents it from becoming too soft when baked. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
How to make Old Fashioned Chicken Tetrazzini
Preheat and Prepare: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 8 oz of softened cream cheese with two cans of cream chicken soup, one tablespoon of minced garlic, one teaspoon of dried parsley and Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Whisk these ingredients until well mixed.
- Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth to achieve a smooth consistency.
Cheese and Chicken Fusion:
Gently fold in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese into the creamy base.
Add 3–4 cups of shredded chicken, ensuring it’s evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Assemble the casserole:
- Transfer the creamy chicken mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta, tossing well to ensure the pasta is thoroughly coated and the ingredients are well combined.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake to Perfection: Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is hot and the edges are bubbly.
After baking, allow the casserole to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Q: How do I store leftovers?
A: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until thoroughly warmed.
Q: Can I use a different type of pasta?
What can I serve with chicken tetrazzini?
This casserole pairs wonderfully with a crisp green salad, steamed vegetables, or cheesy Hawaiian roll garlic bread for a complete meal.
Embrace the creamy, cheesy goodness of our Ultimate Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole, a recipe designed to bring nothing but pure comfort to your dinner table.
Old Fashioned Chicken Tetrazzini
- 9 x 13 baking casserole dish
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken cooked and cubed
- 21 oz. cream of chicken soup 2 cans of 10.5 oz (also fine to use cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta 16 oz cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese softened in microwave
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set it aside.
- To begin this recipe, pasta should be cooked and chicken should be cooked and cubed. This recipe begins assuming that those two steps are done. You can use leftover chicken, premade chicken rotisserie chicken or simple skillet fry chicken pieces before starting.
- Prep Cream Cheese: Soften 1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese in the microwave. Place it on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 60 seconds at 50% power.
- Cream Cheese Mixture: In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 2 cans (10.5 oz each) of cream of chicken soup, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried parsley, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Whisk well until everything is thoroughly mixed. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth into the mixture.
- Adding Cheese and Chicken: Fold in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese into the mixture. Stir in 3-4 cups of cooked and cubed shredded chicken. Pour the cheese and chicken mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Combine with Pasta: Add the cooked and drained fettuccine pasta to the pan. Mix well to ensure the pasta is evenly coated and combined with the mixture. Top the mixture with the remaining mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheese.
- Baking: Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center is hot and the edges are bubbly. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow it to set and cool slightly.
- Boost the Flavor: Don’t hesitate to adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. Adding a pinch of red pepper flakes can introduce a subtle heat, while a squeeze of fresh lemon juice at the end can brighten the dish and cut through the richness. Fresh herbs like parsley or basil, sprinkled on top before serving, can also enhance the flavor and add a pop of color.
- Make-Ahead Tip: You can assemble the entire dish up to the point of baking and then cover and refrigerate it for a day or two before you need it. When ready to eat, rest on counter for 15 minutes to take off fridge chill. Then bake it a bit longer than the recipe suggests, since it will be cold from the refrigerator. This is perfect for busy weeknights or preparing meals for friends and family.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.