Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole is a large quantity baked spaghetti recipe that is quick and easy and loaded with layers of noodles, meat, and rich cheeses.
Not only budget-friendly but this recipe was also viewed by over 7.8 million people and is comfort food at its finest.
Why you will love making this TikTok Dinner Recipe
Family favorite meal in a quick casserole tray – This recipe is easy to make and fantastic for an entire family meal and to serve at a potluck.
Easy to carry and group-style serving, million-dollar spaghetti is an all-in-one dish meal that needs no side dishes.
Rich and Flavorful – Spaghetti is a timeless classic that most families enjoy on a menu many times a year, if not monthly.
This rich and creamy version of a throwback meal is an inexpensive way to feed many without sacrificing the taste.
- Ground Italian sausage – you can also use cooked ground beef.
- Favorite pasta tomato sauce
- Cooked and drained spaghetti noodles with drained pasta water – These can be made ahead to save time according to package instructions. Just rinse with warm water to separate any cold noodles. Do NOT use uncooked spaghetti.
- Cream cheese – softened and cubed.
- Cheese – cottage cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Optional seasonings with meat: Italian Seasoning, kosher salt, black pepper, and minced garlic.
How to make Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole
- Brown meat, drain any excess grease, and mix a jar of spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add cooked pasta, half of the meat sauce mixture, cream cheese, and cottage cheese to the large baking dish. Mix creamy sauce well until combined. Season with salt if you like.
- Fold in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining hearty meat sauce spreading evenly over the top.
- Top with the remaining cheese layer.
- Bake spaghetti in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until hot, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baked spaghetti casserole from the oven; let it stand for 5 minutes and serve with crusty bread. If serving this cheesy goodness as a party or potluck dish, some fresh parsley brings a little color to the casserole.
Expert TikTok Casserole Recipe Tips
Like most spaghetti recipes, this one could easily add variations of herbs and spices to alter the flavor. Add Parmesan cheese, black pepper, diced medium onion (or yellow onion), or garlic cloves.
Marinara sauce over spaghetti sauce is an acceptable substitute. It tends to have chunkier tomatoes.
While this dinner recipe needs no side dish (trust me, it’s filling enough), no one will turn down a side of fried garlic bread in this Italian classic.
As a food blogger for more than ten years, we have seen this recipe come and go and be changed a million times over. It’s in cookbooks and websites and is a Pinterest favorite.
But this version, with a few changes, we saw pop up on our TikTok FYP from creator @isabel.wherry and were reminded of the deliciousness of this baked spaghetti.
See the tiktok dinner recipe video below :
Would we make baked Million Dollar Spaghetti again?
A perfect go-to pasta bake, this grandmother’s favorite recipe is high on our list for excellent weeknight meals. With savory meat, cheese, and of course, filling pasta, this hearty casserole is the best baked spaghetti recipe you can count on.
Related TikTok Viral Recipes
- If you haven’t tried this tiktok cinnamon rolls recipe, it’s time to prepare it for the upcoming holiday breakfasts!
- It’s corn! A big lump with knobs….ok, ok, it’s corn RIBS!
- Another great viral dinner recipe, this crispy sesame chicken recipe, is great for serving with rice.
- TikTok Custard Toast baked in the oven can be prepared with so many amazing toppings!
- This incredible tiktok bbq chicken salad recipe is a great side dish recipe for summer OR holiday meals.
- You have never enjoyed spiral cucumber salad quite like this!