Roasted Garlic Mushrooms, made easily on a sheet pan and coated with melted butter and delicious minced garlic, make a savory 15-minute side dish or an easy appetizer.
So low carb they are practically carb-free, garlic butter mushrooms are also totally guilt-free and a sophisticated choice to top steak, chicken, pour in pasta, or simply serve on crostini.
I love making vegetables right in the oven on a sheet pan because it’s limited cleanup and totally quick. And mushrooms fall right in that category- delicious, EASY, and doesn’t take much to feel like the recipe is a winner. If you love mushrooms, there is no doubt that you will love these garlic mushrooms.
Easy Buttery Whole Mushrooms
They are done in about 15 minutes and just bursting with flavor. If you look below, I have a sheet pan mushroom recipe video so you can see exactly how simple this recipe is as well as a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Butter – Melt your butter down so it can be dumped over the mushrooms
- Garlic – I like minced garlic because its easier to work with
- Vinegar – Balsamic is best, but there are so many kinds of vinegar, so you can mix up the flavors
- Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Thyme
- Mushrooms – White Button or Cremini mushrooms, approximately the same size so some do not finish before and burn
How to Make Sheet Pan Mushrooms
Pre-heat your oven to 375
Melt your butter and then add garlic, thyme, vinegar and whisk together.
Add mushrooms to a bowl and pour the butter and seasonings over the mushrooms, coating each one.
Pour the mushrooms onto a baking sheet and spread out on the sheet pan so they are not touching each other.
Pour extra garlic and butter onto mushrooms directly.
Season mushrooms with salt and pepper
Put the baking pan into the oven for 15 minutes.
Mushrooms are done when they are easily cut into – depending on the size of your mushrooms, could take up to 20 minutes.
What is good with Mushrooms?
I am literally the only person in my family that will eat mushrooms. I have no clue why – because I think mushrooms are incredibly delicious and when put in the oven to marinate and roast up in butter and garlic? Perfection!
Serve alone or add up cooked garlic mushrooms in:
- Fresh buttery pasta like fettuccine, linguine or angel hair
- On top of a delicious sirloin steak
- Cut up and added to garlic bread
- Serve with pasta and Alfredo Sauce
While typically you see mushrooms alongside fancy chicken dinners, you can really just roast up some mushrooms in 15 minutes for a perfect side or a keto friendly and vegetarian-friendly lunch.
Surprisingly, plain mushrooms are pretty filling on their own!
Additionally, roasted garlic whole mushrooms also make a perfect appetizer and you can easily add them on a skewer or serve with toothpicks for a grab-and-go platter.
RELATED: Caramelized Mushrooms and Onions, Stuffed Mushrooms and Cream Cheese, Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Do you need to peel the mushroom tops off the stems?
- NO!! The entire mushroom is super good and works well for this recipe. As far as timing is concerned, the mushrooms can be done in as little as 15 minutes but can take up to 20 minutes if they are larger. They key is that you can easily cut into them.
What is the difference between white button mushrooms and cremini mushrooms?
- White button mushrooms are young mushrooms and typically white- these are the ones I not only like to cook with but also like to eat raw. Cremini are middle aged mushrooms (I cooked them with steak a lot) and robust savory mushrooms that are older, are portobello’s.
Are garlic Mushrooms keto?
- Yes! This garlic mushroom side dish recipe gets a Grade A from Carb manager! See estimated nutritional values below.
Pan Roasted Side Dishes
Other veggies that are super delicious pan roasted and oven baked are:
- Oven Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
Leave A Reply!