Roasted Garlic Mushrooms, made easily on a sheet pan and coated with melted butter and delicious minced garlic, makes a savory 15 minute side dish or an easy appetizer. So low carb they are practically carb free, garlic butter mushrooms are also totally guilt free and a sophisticated choice to top steak, chicken, pour in pasta, or simple serve on crostini.
I am literally the only person in my family that will eat mushrooms. I have no clue why – because I think mushrooms are incredibly delicious and when put in the oven to marinate and roast up in butter and garlic? Perfection!
While typically you see mushrooms along side fancy chicken dinners, you can really just roast up some mushrooms in 15 minutes for a perfect side or a keto friendly and vegetarian friendly lunch. Surprisingly, plain mushrooms are pretty filling on their own!
Additionally, roasted garlic mushrooms also make a perfect appetizer and you can easily add them on a skewer or serve with toothpicks for a grab and go platter.
Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
I love making vegetables right in the oven on a sheet pan because its limited clean up and totally quick. And mushrooms fall right in that category- delicious, EASY, and doesn’t take much to feel like the recipe is a winner.
- Butter – Melt your butter down so it can be dumped over the mushrooms
- Garlic – I like minced garlic because its easier to work with
- Vinegar – Balsamic is best, but there are so many kinds of vinegar, so you can mix up the flavors
- Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Thyme
- Mushrooms – White Button or Cremini mushrooms
Sheet Pan Garlic Mushrooms RecipePre-heat your oven to 375
Melt your butter and then add garlic, thyme, vinegar and whisk together
Add mushrooms to a bowl and pour the butter and seasonings over the mushrooms, coating each one.
Pour the mushrooms onto a baking sheet and spread out so they are not touching each other. Pour extra garlic and butter onto mushrooms.
Season mushrooms with salt and pepper
Put in oven for 15 minutes. They are done when they are easily cut into – depending on the size of your mushrooms, could take up to 20 minutes.
Serve up your garlic mushrooms in
- Fresh buttery pasta like fettuccine or angel hair
- On top of a delicious sirloin steak
- Simple Baked Chicken
- Cut up and added to garlic bread
- Serve with Keto Alfredo Sauce
Garlic Butter Mushrooms Facts
Do you need to peal the tops off the stems?
NO!! The entire mushroom is super good and works well for this recipe. As far as timing is concerned, the mushrooms can be done in as little as 15 minutes but can take up to 20 minutes if they are larger. They key is that you can easily cut into them.
What is the difference in white button mushrooms and cremini mushrooms?
White button mushrooms are young mushrooms and typically white- these are the ones I not only like to cook with but also like to eat raw. Cremini are middle aged mushrooms (I cooked them with steak a lot) and robust savory mushrooms that are older, are portobello’s.
Other veggies that are super delicious pan roasted and oven baked are:
- Oven Roasted Large Melting Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 container of White Button or Crimini Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fried thyme
- Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 375
- Melt your butter and then add garlic, thyme, vinegar and whisk together
- Add mushrooms to a bowl and pour the butter and seasonings over the mushrooms, coating each one.
- Pour the mushrooms onto a baking sheet and spread out so they are not touching each other. Pour extra garlic and butter onto mushrooms.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper
- Put in oven for 15 minutes. They are done when they are easily cut into - depending on the size of your mushrooms, could take up to 20 minutes.
Vary your mushrooms by:
SEASONINGS - Change the seasonings to other favorite dried or fresh herbs
ADDING - Adding complimentary veggies to serve with your mushrooms, like asparagus or potatoes
CHEESE - Ad with a bit of Parmesan cheese for a golden crisp
KETO- Mushrooms are practically carb free. 1 cup of mushrooms is approximately 2 carbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 77 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g