Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and minced garlic is a delicious diet friendly side dish that goes with just about any meal. Check below to get the BEST recipe – no need to be a chef to whip up this keto friendly and fresh side!
Super simple, roasted cauliflower is like most basic roasted recipes – cauliflower, oil, seasoning and Parmesan cheese, but packs a delicious punch. It’s an incredibly easy recipe to alter with any seasonings and herbs, making it the perfect flavor for whatever you want to serve up.
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
There is no doubt that in the new year everyone is looking for a fresh start. We spend all winter long snacking on dips and rich chocolate treats but once January hits, everyone gets a little more health conscious.
This easy keto side dish recipe with oven roasted cauliflower flavored with minced garlic and Parmesan cheese helps you stick to that diet AND enjoy every last mouthful! Cauliflower is very healthy, fat free, full of fiber and has plenty of Vitamin C.
Cauliflower Recipe Ingredients
Cauliflower takes a tad bit longer to cook, but still done in under 30 minutes, and you can vary the roasting depending on how crispy you want it.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
RELATED RECIPES: Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower, Cauliflower Au Grain casserole, Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice (all the yum, none of the guilt) Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (keto), Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Spicy: Like it spicy? Consider adding a little pinch of Cayenne to the bag!
How to Roast Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place olive oil and minced garlic in a resealable gallon bag – this helps you coat all sides of the cauliflower and keep your hands from smelling like garlic.
- Add cauliflower and shake to evenly coat the oil and garlic to the cauliflower.
- Spread cauliflower onto sheet pan, taking care not to crowd the veggies too much on top of one another, and bake until tender.
Cooking Cauliflower Tips
What is the best oil to roast vegetables with?
Oils have different smoke points so “best” depends on how hot the oven will be getting for the dish. What is a smoke point? That is basically when the oil burns off and stops cooking and starts burning – literally smoke.
- Low Heat – If you are using lower heat, you can safely use coconut oils (350) or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), which has a smoke point of 325.
- Medium Heat – Medium heat recipes are typically oils like Vegetable oil and canola oil that has a smoke point of 400.
- High Heat – High heat (over 400) is Olive Oil, which can be used up to 450.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
Its also super easy to turn roasted cauliflower into a heated up version if you like more spice!
Like barbecue sauce, creamy or spicy buffalo sauce can be insanely personal. With so many flavors like Moore’s Creamy Buffalo Ranch (my favorite) to spicy and hot wing sauce, its as simple as picking the one your tongue loves the most!
Here are few popular wing sauces you can look for at the store that go well with cauliflower:
- Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce
- Sweet Baby Rays Hot Wing Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Wings
- Hooters Wing Sauce
To make this recipe alteration, here is what you need:
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz bag pre-cut Cauliflower Florets
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add your wing sauce, EVOO, and butter into a bowl and melt down for approx. 30 seconds, stir.
- Add cauliflower in a bag and coat with sauce. Make sure all sides of cauliflower are covered.
- Add buffalo coated raw cauliflower to baking sheet and place in oven. Oven bake for 25 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender
- Optional: Broil for a few minutes to get crispy, just watch so you do not burn
Best Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Roasted vegetables are so popular because they are not only easy to make, but are a delicious staple to most meals. You can pile on roasted vegetables of all kinds next to chicken, beef, or just eat as as a vegetarian dinner.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400. If using stoneware, grease the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. If using a traditional metal baking sheet, cover with foil and spray the foil with nonstick coking spray (for easy clean up) and set aside.
- Place olive oil and minced garlic in a resealable Ziploc gallon bag.
- Cut cauliflower into smaller bite sized floret pieces.
- Add cauliflower into bag with oil.
- Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the cauliflower.
- Spread cauliflower onto prepared pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking for even distribution.
- When cauliflower is fork tender, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add a bit of fresh parsley and serve as a side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.