Crockpot banana bread!!
STOP! Do not throw away those overly ripe bananas. No need to fret when you check the fruit bowl and your bananas have turned brown. In no time at all you could prep some delicious slow cooker banana bread that will be ready and waiting for you! Simply mix and put in slow cooker, this is a simply easy and delicious recipe that will have you eating banana bread for breakfast in no time.
Make sure you check out my tips in how to keep your banana bread soft all week long!
Bananas into Banana Bread
In my house there really is no in between in a banana. Bananas literally look like you went out and picked them off the tree the minute they sprouted (kinda green and hard to peel) or black.
My kids seem to go from wanting a daily banana to none and all with no warning.
When that happens, instead of throwing out a perfectly ripe bunch of bananas, its time to bake! The only problem is baking often means babysitting and no one has time for that.
But you don’t have to with this crockpot banana bread. Use up your left over and overly ripe bananas with crock pot banana bread and enjoy all week long.
Crockpot Banana Bread
Crockpot banana bread is perfect for the cook that wants to enjoy baked goods but doesnt have too much time! I also love the slow cooker to keep my oven free and clear when I am cooking main dishes but still know there will be a dessert waiting at the end.
Banana bread is one of those holiday staples that is great for a snack, dessert, or breakfast but also makes the best food gift.
Basically….its the perfect recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 mashed bananas, approximately 2 cups
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix-Ins for Banana Bread
- Walnuts (cut down to pieces)
- Dried Fruits like Cherries, Cranberries, Blueberries (chopped down to smaller pieces)
- Varying chocolate chips (They have pastel ones! I feature them in my 1 pan pancake post)
- Small Chunks of bananas
- Coconut shreds
- Candy pieces like M&Ms
Keeping Banana Bread Moist
After you make this bread the key is to keep it as soft and delicious as the minute you took it out of the slow cooker (this also works for oven baked bread). I learned this trick from my mother in law, whom makes us the most delicious pumpkin bread every year for the holidays.
Once the bread is cooled down, wrap in plastic wrap, sealing it tightly to prevent air from drying out the bread.
Now wrap in foil.
My MIL always delivers us our bread that way and as long as you refold everything after you cut a slice, it stays very fresh.
Crock Pots to Buy
I personally have quite a few crock pots so I can keep side dishes going in the house. This slow cooker banana bread works with any shape slow cooker.
Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe
Grease a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a long piece of parchment paper in half and lay it in the bottom of the slow cooker in a plus shape.
Grease with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
Add butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas and mix just until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula or spoon.
Pour banana bread mixture into pan and spread evenly in the bottom.
Cover bread and heat on low for 4 hours.
Let cool briefly before using parchment paper as a handle to lift the bread out of the crock.
Cool completely and slice and serve. (see notes on storage to keep bread soft)
Slow Cooker Recipes
Looking for more slow cooker recipes to enjoy your food without the work?
- Blueberry Dump Cake – Blueberry dump cake is a delicious and simple crockpot cobbler-cake that served warm with ice cream is such a fantastic holiday dessert.
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows – You will love the no fuss, no mess way that you can whip up this Traditional Thanksgiving side dish and keep your oven clear for other goodies. What’s not to love about sweet potatoes and brown sugar, amiright??
- Crockpot Apple Dump Cake – Crock Pot Apple Dump cake is an easy, delicious, and holiday favorite slow cooker cake that requires nothing more than a dump and go! With apple pie filling and cake mix, this simple dessert tastes just like an apple pie- without the work.
- Crockpot Candied Pecans – Candied pecans are not only so easy to make, but also are fantastic year round to bring a little crunch to a salad or sweet fruit as a delightful topping.
See article for tips on keeping banana bread moist as well as banana bread mix in ideas. Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 484Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 4gSugar: 43gProtein: 6g
See article for tips on keeping banana bread moist as well as banana bread mix in ideas.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.