Apple Pie fluff salad is an amazing make ahead fluff salad with cool whip. Tasting just like apple pie, do not be surprised if you replace your pistachio and cherry salads with this recipe year by year.
Growing up, especially around holiday meal times, we always had Watergate salad , snickers apple salad, and ambrosia salad on the plate. As a kid, that creamy fluffy marshmallowy dessert that my grandmother let me piled high on my plate, was a crazy good treat. I always felt like such a rebel choosing it right along side my turkey.
And through the years, we always, and i mean always, have both of those amazingly good dessert salads present at the meals!
But this year I also wanted to add some unique salads to the table and bring a little of the now to along side the retro side dish recipes.
So this week I spent some time in the kitchen developing some new tastes and am pretty proud of how these super simple, make ahead of time fluff salads came to be.
I am going to be publishing 4 different fluff salads that I hope you enjoy and I am starting out with my family’s (and my) favorite: Apple Pie Fluff Salad
Apple Pie Fluff Salad
If you like fall flavors and are the first one in line when pumpkin hits Starbucks, this dessert salad is for you! With a base of apple pie filling folded into delicious whipped cream and marshmallows, its like eating a pie without the work. You can also check out Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad, Blueberry Lemon Fluff and my Fruit Salad Fluff recipe.
Lets get started on making fruit salad with whipped cream!
- Apple Pie Filling
- Vanilla Heat and Serve Pudding
- Cool Whip
- sprinkle of All Spice
- mini white marshmallows
The apple pie filling I prefer and gives the best flavor is the Duncan Hines Simply Apple Pie Filling and Topping. It’s in the same aisle as all the fruit pie fillings.
Fluff Salad Meal Prep
Few things to note when making dessert fruit salads.
- They are made with cold ingredients so need to be refrigerated. When left on the counter for too many hours, they get “soft”
- If you are making more than one flavor salad, make a whole batch of heat and serve vanilla pudding and store. Even the heat and serve needs a little time to gel and get thicker, so I make the whole box and then put in the fridge to cool down.
Can you make Fluff Recipes ahead of time?
- You can make this Apple Pie fluff salad and serve it immediately, but its a great make ahead fruit salad with cool whip and honestly gets better when it has an overnight in the fridge. The marshmallows really puff up and it gives it a chance to soak in the flavors. That being said, its not necessary if you need to make and serve.
Apple Pie Fluff Salad Recipe
The first thing you have to do is make your base, which is your vanilla pudding.
You can buy a HEAT & SERVE pudding, which makes in minutes on the stove. That being said, it will continue to thicken the longer it cools, so its a good idea to make this and then leave it on the counter or throw in the fridge for 20 minutes prior to assembly.
You can even make it the day before and when you pull it out it will be ready.
If you need to make your pudding and serve, at least give it 10 minutes of resting time so its not boiling hot when you add it to your cool whip.
Now add your apple pie filling and your cool whip together and fold. Sprinkle on all spice and mix in your vanilla pudding.
Gently fold in your marshmallows until all are mixed.
Top with a little cinnamon or all spice and serve with crumbled up vanilla cookies as a “crust”.
Best to be served the next day to fluff the salad.
- 1 cup Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Cup Vanilla Heat and Serve Pudding
- 8 Oz of Cool Whip
- sprinkle of All Spice
- Half a bag of mini white marshmallows
- The first thing you have to do is make your base, which is your vanilla pudding.
- If you need to make your pudding and serve, at least give it 10 minutes of resting time so its not boiling hot when you add it to your cool whip.
- Now add your apple pie filling and your cool whip together and fold. Sprinkle on all spice and mix in your vanilla pudding.
- Gently fold in your marshmallows until all are mixed.
- Top with a little cinnamon or all spice and serve with crumbled up vanilla cookies as a "crust".
- Best to be served the next day to fluff the salad.