Cucumber tomato avocado salad is a simple ingredient fresh healthy summer salad that will hit your palette in all the right ways.
Simply combine soft bites of ripe avocado, fresh tomatoes, bits of beautiful cucumber, and sliced red onions and pull it all together with a homemade vinaigrette.
If you are here looking for the TikTok Hot Girl summer salad recipe <—– it’s on this link.
If you are looking for an Avocado Cucumber and Tomato Salad recipe, keep reading.
Why you will love making a Fresh Summer Salad Recipe
Classic Salad Taste – Personally, I could eat bits of creamy avocado with a spoon and be incredibly happy.
Top Summer Salad – This super fun and vibrant tomato and avocado side dish recipe can be eaten alone and is ready in mere minutes with a light and refreshing taste.
Plus many of these ingredients delight summer gardeners with tomatoes plenty.
- Roma tomatoes – Roma tomatoes work perfectly in size and flavor for this salad.
- Cucumbers – Skin on or off is fine.
- Red onions – red onion has an amazing little bite to it that goes beautifully with avocados. Make sure they are thinly sliced.
- Optional: Sprinkle with Feta Cheese.
Homemade Dressing Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice – approximately 1 fresh lemon which is equal to approximately 3 tablespoons of juice, however, if you want less of a lemon taste, lower that by a tablespoon. It’s always easier to add liquid ingredients than remove them!
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper and Fresh Cilantro leaves.
How to make Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Chop juicy tomatoes, avocado, red onions, and English cucumbers and add to a serving bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the virgin olive oil dressing all over the cucumber avocado tomato salad and gently toss to coat.
- Add the chopped cilantro and toss to combine in the salad bowl. Can be eaten and enjoyed immediately!
Expert Salad Making Tips
- Simple salad recipes rely on nature’s own perfect foods to connect all that flavor. If adding additional ingredients, keep it light!
- Try substituting cherry tomatoes over the Roma, for example, or using a sweet and tangy Balsamic vinegar drizzle prior to eating.
- This delicious green salad also pairs well with chopped bell pepper, chopped pepperoncini peppers, sliced green onions (or any sweet onions), fresh parsley, or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or lime juice.
- Lastly, we like to keep the dressing super light but a little garlic clove and a sprinkle of kosher salt really bring out those tomatoes.
- Want to skip the work? Add premade Italian Dressing to this flavorful salad for an instant no prep time solution.
Avocado & Cucumber Salad Alterations
Although salads like this are lovely in and of themselves, protein can quickly make it a meal! Nothing is better or healthier than freshly baked or grilled chicken.
Additionally boiled eggs are a fantastic option and seafoods like salmon, shrimp and tuna are amazing with all these fresh vegetables.
There really are a lot of controversies when it comes to fresh cilantro. It’s one of my very favorite herbs, but to some, Cilantro can taste like soap!
While there isn’t an exact replica of a great herb or spice to add to this avocado tomato salad, there are other great flavors that will go well. Try testing out dill, basil, thyme, or cilantro’s cousin, culantro. (seriously!)
No matter what kind of flavors you may choose to alter, my recommendation is always to use FRESHLY CUT herbs and fresh ingredients in general. I personally love to keep entire herb plants available in the house to easily snip and use. The best thing about keeping live plants is they regenerate. I purchase mine from Lowe’s.
How to know an avocado is ripe.
Ripe avocados tend to be darker in color on the skin and have a little give when you press on them. They should not be mushy and leave indentations.
You can certainly eat unripe avocados that are firmer but it will make the salad less enjoyable and harder to prep. Just a tip but the larger avocados (typically Florida avocados over California Haas avocados) are delicious in salads.
Relate Summer Salad Recipes
There are so many salad recipes that do not require much work but provide back so much flavor!
Try Radish and Cucumber Salad, which is full of bite, Creamy Cucumber Salad, which makes even non-cucumber fans fall in love, and a similar to this one salad, Cucumber Tomato and Feta, which is the perfect healthy dish for lunch.
Cucumber Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1 lb. Roma tomatoes approximately 3 tomatoes, bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber chopped & quartered
- 1/2 red onion sliced into thin slices
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice approximately 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Chop up 1 pound of fresh Roma tomatoes in bite sized pieces.
- Peel and chop 2 ripe avocados into bite sized pieces.
- Slice and quarter 1 cucumber. If you like, remove skins although not necessary.
- Slice red onion pieces into size perfect for a salad. If you like less "spicy", chop smaller pieces over larger.
Prep Salad Dressing
- Combine two tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Immediately pour vinaigrette dressing all over the salad and gently toss until every ingredient is coated and shiny.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro and toss to combine once more.
- Serve instantly to avoid any dressing settling.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.