Cucumber tomato avocado salad is a fresh healthy summer salad that will hit your palette in all the right ways.
Personally I could eat bits of avocado with a spoon and that’s it. But combining it with other veggie favorites like cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions ups the ante and makes me want to clear my whole plate. This super fun and vibrant tomato side dish recipe can be eaten alone and is ready in mere minutes.
It’s also easy to customize this cucumber tomato avocado salad side dish recipe into a unique meal for a more than once a month do-over!
Want some protein in your salad for a heartier meal? Easily combine in boiled eggs, chicken or even tuna to create a perfect lunch as well.
Make sure when you are making your cucumber and avocado salad that your avocados are ripe and easy to chop and bite into. Having one that is too hard is difficult to peel and to eat, which makes it un-enjoyable. Personally I am a fan of Haas Avocados and not just because we share the same last name (although that doesn’t hurt)!
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- red onion
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Looking for more of the Best Caprese Recipes?
- Caprese Salad – Traditional salad with mozzarella balls and grape tomatoes.
- Caprese Salad Salsa – Bet you can’t dip just once!
- Caprese Sandwich Sliders – Skip the salad and pull out the sweet bread, these melty sliders are just what you want RIGHT NOW!
- Caprese Skewers – Pass out plenty with mini Caprese skewer dippers.
- Caprese Lady Bug Appetizer – So cute you wont even want to eat them!
Cucumber & Onion Salad
This particular salad has all the fixins because I love biting into a little bit of red onion, cucumber, avocado and tomato in one -this salad is like the perfect side dish recipe.
But if you do not like one of those choices, feel free to leave it out and make a cucumber and onion salad or a cucumber and tomato salad – honestly its flexible!
Chop all vegetables and add to a serving bowl.
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing all over the cucumber avocado tomato salad and gently toss to coat.
Add the chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
Btw, there isn’t much substitute when we are talking cilantro.
Some people like parsley, lime basil, thyme, dill, or even the cousin of cilantro, culantro (its real, I swear!).
I do think that you should not substitute however and the taste will be up to you if you change it out.
If I had to leave out the cilantro, Id probably just toss with a little basil. And always opt for fresh if you can!
- 1 lb tomatoes, approximately 3, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 avocadoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice, approximately 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Chop all vegetables and add to a serving bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing all over the vegetables and gently toss to coat.
- Add the chopped cilantro and toss to combine.