We finally tried that healthy coke substitution and are excited to share it with you and see what you think!
This tiktok recipe uses balsamic vinegar combined with flavored Sparkling water for a light, refreshing cola, and healthy soda alternative.
Why you will love making an alternative soda recipe.
Substitute for a healthier alternative lifestyle – I think Americans are always looking for a way to enjoy some of their favorite things with a healthier version or option.
There is no doubt that regular soda or diet soda (and all sugary drinks) can be a vice for many (including me), and this popular trendy beverage recipe is a great way to test out something new.
- Any flavor LaCroix Sparkling Water – The LaCroix flavor we used was Beach Plum. We do not recommend plain sparkling water but one of the many flavors. Plain water will not work.
- Balsamic vinegar – We used balsamic vinegar, not the thicker Balsamic glaze.
How to make TikTok “Healthy Coke.”
- Fill two 12 oz glasses full of ice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar to each glass.
- Mix half a can of sparkling water into each glass with a straw.
- Serve immediately.
Does TikTok “Healthy Coke” taste like real Coke?
I think if you are used to LaCroix and sparkling water, you will think this kind of tastes like Coke.
I could see how that is possible with a few sips. I didn’t get any balsamic flavors, which was somewhat shocking.
It wasn’t Coke or any copycat coke, but you could market it as “healthy coke” or “coke alternative.” There is no substitute for the sugary deliciousness of a fresh cold coca cola coke!
TikTok also shared a Copycat Dr. Pepper Recipe last year that was pretty tasty.
Where did Healthy Coke Start?
This viral sparkling beverage trend started with TikTok Creator Amanda Jones @mandyvjones. She has racked up over 623K likes touting a healthy soda substitution from her Yoga Instructor.
See her original video here or watch it below.
- Again nothing copycat or homemade is going to taste quite as sweet as an original soft drink. While sparkling water gives the base of the fizz and the balsamic adds a bit of color and flavor, this carbonated drink recipe is devoid of any real sweetness. Add granulated honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, Splenda, or agave to up the flavors.
- The ice matters and it’s meant to be sipped not guzzled.
- Words like healthier or alternative to aren’t always straight up what anyone would consider healthy. As always, each human needs are specific, so if in a particular diet, contact your provider to see what is best for you.
- Balsamic vinegar can have an aftertaste, so do not go crazy. Less is better.
- Some recipes are fun and meant to be tested (like cloud bread ). They may not become your routine, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a great recipe. Give this carbonated beverage a try, and let me know what you think!
Related Viral Beverage Recipes
- TikTok’s color-changing blue butterfly pea tea is so fun to drink!
- A cup of viral french hot chocolate recipe will feel like the most comforting Christmas ever.
- Whipped Strawberry Milk will just hit the spot.
- This hot cocoa with coffee recipe is shockingly good.
- Need another refreshing summer drink recipe?