Marry Me Chicken with tender, juicy chicken breasts and Parmesan tomato cream sauce is a perfect family-friendly and easy chicken dinner recipe that you will make time and time again.
Viral on tiktok, this WOW dish contains an irresistible spoon-licking sauce that some say will incite a marriage proposal (if you want one).
Why you will love making this Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
Full of Flavors – There is nothing more rich and creamy than combining chicken and cream sauce! This dish combines the seasonings in a way that brings out all the flavors of the pasta and likely everything in your pantry already.
Simple – The chicken and sauce are cooked in the same pan keeping the dishes down. This one also makes excellent leftovers for lunch the next day.
Fall in love goodness – They say that your heart is found through the stomach. And while Chicken dishes can often be bland, this one derives its name from being so good you will surely fall in love!
- To make skillet chicken – Boneless skinless chicken breasts, all-purpose flour, and vegetable oil.
- For the cream sauce – butter, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, sundried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.
- Seasonings – oregano, dry thyme, red pepper flakes (optional for spice), minced garlic, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- rotini pasta
- Optional Topping – additional Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
How to make TikTok Marry Me Chicken
- Mix all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Ensure all chicken is even in size; if not, pound down. Dredge chicken breasts into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Add chicken and fry on both sides, about 8-10 minutes total, until hot and crispy. Be careful not to crowd the pan. Transfer chicken breasts from the pan and keep warm.
- Add minced garlic, chicken stock, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 cup parmesan cheese, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes to the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat, frequently stirring until cream sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Reduce skillet heat to simmer and add the tender chicken back to the mixture for a few minutes to heat through.
- Serve Marry Me Chicken and creamy sauce over a plate of rotini pasta.
- Top dish with remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or fresh basil leaves if desired.
Where did Marry Me Chicken Come from?
This chicken recipe has been around a long time and in many forms, from pressure cooker to crock pot. However, this dish made its rounds again on a viral tiktok trend when recipe creators claimed it was “so good your partner would marry you.”
While we love the idea of food being so delicious that it causes someone to fall in love, the real question is, does marry me chicken dish hold up to that claim?
Would we make this chicken breast recipe again?
Absolutely and we have! Chicken, pasta, and cream sauce have always been elite regarding delicious chicken dinners being filling and homey, and we love it!
This dish reminds me a lot of the Gigi Hadid Pasta Sauce Recipe but with a more robust sauce.
Expert Cooking Tips
- Large chicken breasts should be pounded to thinner pieces to ensure fast and even golden brown cooking. Chicken cutlets also work great and are usually uniform in size.
- Chicken thighs can be more cost-effective in today’s economy regarding food availability and price and provide a lot of extra flavor. It’s OK to use skinless chicken thighs in this dish and alter the timing until chicken pieces are properly cooked and move on with the rest of the instructions.
- While the flour and cream sauce is fully seasoned, it’s fine to season chicken with salt, ground pepper, or Italian seasoning before adding flour.
- We suggest rotini pasta to hold all that delicious sauce, but cooked pasta types can easily be varied (or skipped entirely for a more carb-friendly version). Transfer the creamy chicken to fettuccini, pappardelle, penne, or any of your favorite pasta. We do not suggest light pasta like angel hair because it will wilt in heavy cream sauce and juicy chicken breasts.
- Pasta recipes are authentic comfort foods and generally do not need the company of your favorite side dish. If you prefer a full course meal, serve this dish with a simple recipe of vegetables (like cauliflower rice, green beans recipe, or roasted carrots) or a salad recipe. Typically skip the bread. It’s going to be too heavy for this weeknight meal.
Related Viral Chicken Recipes
- If you haven’t tried the famous tiktok slow cooker olive garden chicken pasta recipe, it’s time! This is one chicken recipe with no middle ground – if you love it (and over 600 5-star reviews say many do), you love it.
- We have heard from many readers that say this is the best honey buttered chicken recipe they have ever eaten.
- Crockpot crack chicken is an incredible viral dinner recipe that will go on your monthly menu rotation.
- A similar recipe, creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta, includes delicious fresh spinach for its take on this recipe.
Connect with Us!