Mini Spinach Cheese Pies, an easy finger food idea with spinach and feta smothered on a baked roll, is an excellent choice for your next gathering.
This must-try trending tiktok appetizer recipe is a great choice for a crustless take on a savory cheese and spinach pie.
Why you will love making this TikTok Viral Recipe.
Never have too many incredible appetizers – With the holidays just around the bend (and believe me, at 59 this morning getting up, fall is pressing in), there are tons of unforgettable get-togethers and celebrations about to happen!
While viral dip recipes are always welcome, this finger food recipe is worth adding to the menu. Quick and easy, full of flavor, spinach and feta are flavor-worthy contenders.
Where did this Feta Spinach Cheese Pie Recipe start?
While Italian cheese pies like torta Pasqualina and Greek spinach pies like spanakopita are relatively popular, this mini spinach roll appetizer recipe is much easier and quicker to serve.
We initially saw this recipe idea on creator @eman_inthekitchen, and you should give her a great follow. See the full video below –
Would we make spinach cheese pies again?
Yes, absolutely. Plus, this idea of adding different flavors to rolls is an easy recipe to duplicate and could open up a whole world of custom recipes for your parties.
Additionally, I like how the pies are big, the size of your palm, vs. teeny bite-size ones. I gave some of these (cooled) to a friend, and her kids ate them all in one night.
Frozen Roll Tip: I thawed my rolls overnight in the fridge covered in plastic wrap. I knew that would ensure they were thawed completely vs. timing them for 2 hours as the original recipe said.
- frozen dinner rolls
- chopped onion & minced garlic
- olive oil
- chili powder, salt, ground black pepper
- fresh spinach, chopped
- mozzarella cheese and crumbled feta cheese
How to make Mini Spinach Cheese Pies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and divide the rolls in half. Cover with plastic wrap and thaw overnight in the fridge or let sit for 2 hours at room temperature.
- In a large skillet, combine onion, garlic, oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Heat over medium heat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to heat for 4-5 minutes or until wilted and soft. Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine cheeses and eggs and mix well. Fold in spinach.
- Drizzle each dough ball with oil, coating on all sides. Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to press the bottom into the dough, creating a flattened divot-like bowl.
- Divide the spinach mixture evenly into each cavity and bake at 275 for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool spinach cheese pies slightly before serving warm.
Related TikTok Recipes
- Along with 44 million people, our family loved these tiktok pizza bites, which are good for an appetizer and a kid-friendly dinner recipe. Serve with marinara and ranch!
- It takes just a minute to whip up a fried pickles recipe!
- Roll up Buffalo Chicken Taquitos to serve for your next party. Crunchy outsides with soft buffalo chicken centers, taquitos are a welcome sight on a party platter.
- Are you looking for something sweet? Cinnamon roll french toast roll-ups have all the goodness of a french toast stick smothered in cinnamon sugar. While a great snack, this is also a viral dessert-friendly recipe as well.
- Move over, bloomin’ onion! The crunchy fried mini bloomin’ onion is here to stay.